client with nightmare skin and Dermalogica products....HELP!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

Ok, so i have a problem with a client who has really hard skin to treat.
She suffers from Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrom and has been experiencing ver bad breakouts on her chin and jaw area. She is aldo under a lot of stress and has a few spots on her forehead.

However, her skin is also really dry and very sensitive!!!

I use Dermalogica products, buthave not yet gone on my training so I'm still getting to know the product. I recommended the Ultra-calming cleanser and barrier repair moisturiser. She bought them.

A week later, she phoned and said that she was finding her skin to be very very dry and flaky. I told her to take the cleanser off with a tissue or cotton wool instead of water, as this can be quite drying in the winter.

She's not using any other topical treatments for her acneic condition.

Can anybody help me with this??? She's coming in again next week, and i really wanna help her cos her skin is getting her down.

Thanks, guys.

cant answer your prob flower - but when i trained with demalogica, i suffered with it too, i found it to be quite harsh on my skin, cant remember which product it was tho, but it burnt like hell, could you not try a different brand of facial products??? i know demalogica is a good name, but it dont suit everyone flower

I would try the Anti-bac skin wash (it does not strip natural oils and has essential oils that are very calming for skin that is broken out). This should be followed by the Daily microfoliant ... a good daily exfoliator that is not harsh on her skin. Use the soothing protection spray, and the active moist moisturizer. For her breakouts, use the medicated clearing gel (only at night after washing face, but do not use a moisturizer on top). During the day she can try the clearing booster.

I have extremely sensitive skin, but also suffer from acne, so these products should not be too harsh.

Hi

I use Thalgo products because of its medical care and its natural. I have alot of clients that have sensitive and irritating skin and some that do suffer from acne or patchy skin. I do believe that Thalgo products such as Thalgodermly extracts help. I suffer dry patch and at times blemishes on my skin and i swear by it. Have a look on Thalgo websites to get more information.

I hope this will help.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi. I use md formulations products, they contain glycolic a natural product derived from sugar cane. they exfoliate the skin deep down and unclogs the follicle i too suffered from acne and found this the only product that has worked for me without drying out my skin.:)

Hi geeks!

Ok, so i have a problem with a client who has really hard skin to treat.
She suffers from Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrom and has been experiencing ver bad breakouts on her chin and jaw area. She is aldo under a lot of stress and has a few spots on her forehead.

However, her skin is also really dry and very sensitive!!!

I use Dermalogica products, buthave not yet gone on my training so I'm still getting to know the product. I recommended the Ultra-calming cleanser and barrier repair moisturiser. She bought them.

A week later, she phoned and said that she was finding her skin to be very very dry and flaky. I told her to take the cleanser off with a tissue or cotton wool instead of water, as this can be quite drying in the winter.

She's not using any other topical treatments for her acneic condition.

Can anybody help me with this??? She's coming in again next week, and i really wanna help her cos her skin is getting her down.

Thanks, guys.
Is she using the medicated clearing gel at all? My spotty teenage is on Dermalogica now, but I found that she was overusing the gel and burning her skin making it dry and flaky.

Latest posts

Back