Client with possible ADHD or ADD

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW

Ok, let me first repeat that I "think" she has add or adhd, and I don't really know one way or the other.
Also, I'll repeat: she's absolutely lovely in personality.

It's the shrieking, swearing and inability to sit still that drive me bonkers.
And she shrieks when she's talking, she's a screamer, plainly put. Worse even, every time I touch her.
But then, she comes in sporting bruises on her arm from wrestling or popping her brother in the shoulder and gets back at her.
If she's sensitive, why do that?

I don't know the why's or the what's. Only I've tried talking to her many times, without getting pushy. Repeating myself several times at every appointment about the swearing and my children't hearing it. Repeating thatI can't do her nails if she's flailing about.

I just may have no choice other than to tell her stop the screaming and foul language, or find someone else to hear it.
It's "F**k" this and "F***king" that.. every sentence has the "F" word in it.:irked:
I have tried the swear jar approach, to no avail. She won't put a penny in it. She complains it's ugly and wants me to toss it:rolleyes: (my pug piggy bank) and ignores the point I'm trying to make.

I thank you all for your advice. its MUCH appreciated.

I think I may just have to put my foot down.

:hug:

She is not ADHD that it from some one who has a son with it. He is now 16yrs old and I read the thread to him and he she is not ADHD as well. ADHD is so much more than being fidgety and hyper.But if you do want any info on it pm me and I will get it for you. People with ADHD are very hard work, like my son but with the hard work they can be wonderful people. xxx
Sorry but you can't say she is not ADHD unless you have the qualifications.I have 2 sons that are both ADHD and are completely different to each other and to your son.My eldest has trouble concentrating in class but with the help of his medication he is in the top classes at high school, where as my youngest is very bright when it comes to doing things with his hands but give him a book to read or school work and he struggles so he has to have extra tutoring to keep up.Also I have adult ADHD and have been on dexamphetamine for 9 yrs.I was like Victorias client ( not the swearing ) but I could not sit still and was always doing heaps of different things but never finishing the one that I had started.Also would get irritated at the slightest thing but since being on medication I have become a nail tech ( and love doing nail art ) which as you all know needs concentration.I have a client who is a hairdresser ( actually does my hair)and she cannot sit still in the chair ( she actually lifts her legs up and down etc) have told her this does not help but she can't help it as she is used to being on her feet all day, so I grin and bear it and tell her if the pattern is not perfect it is not my fault she laughs and says it's fine.I have threatened her that i will jump around in the seat but I think i'm the one who will come off worse :lol:!!

As part of my psychology degree I spent a month with one of the best consultants in England on this subject. I know not all ADHD people are the same and I can a sure you after spending a month shadowing this consultant I saw lots of different age groups and both male and female Patients. I did not mean to offend anyone. Just offer my opinion as a mother and someone with some experience of it.:)

If someone was swearing repeatedly in front of my child and I had repeatedly asked them to quit it then I would tell that person that unless they stopped I would no longer be able to do their nails, also that you are are trying to provide a professional service and you are finding it impossible to do so.

No matter how lovely she is if she is driving you insane then get rid of her.

:hug:

As part of my psychology degree I spent a month with one of the best consultants in England on this subject. I know not all ADHD people are the same and I can a sure you after spending a month shadowing this consultant I saw lots of different age groups and both male and female Patients. I did not mean to offend anyone. Just offer my opinion as a mother and someone with some experience of it.:)

No offence was taken :hug:.

Latest posts

Back