Clients calling late and on Sunday-why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Manicure

Reaction score
This is starting to really annoy me. Yesterday I was out with my family, very early in the morning and I get a call at 9:30am for a chat about Gelish from a potential client (she didn't book).

Last night I had a missed call at 10pm from another potential client.

What is it with these people? Are they just "googling" in their leisure time and think to themselves "oh, I'll just call now....her number's on the Internet, this woman/girl will have nothing better to do on a Sunday night/morning/day than sit by the phone waiting for it to ring".

Because I'm mobile does that mean I work 24/7? . I wouldn't dream of ringing to book anything during non working hours unless it was a plumber for an emergency.

What is going through these people's heads?!

Don't get me wrong, I love getting calls from potential new clients, I need the work, but I won't answer on a Sunday....if I start doing that they'll be the type to call me at all hours with an emergency nail repair.

Anyone else get this or is it just me? Happens every bleeding week!!!!

I know how you feel, I had a lady who liked her drink and would leave me voicemails silly o'clock in the morning. I could not understand most of what she would say and then she would have no recollection of it in the morning! Being mobile, unfortunately this comes with the job! The calls on Sunday, if I'm out I usually put my phone on divert and get them to leave a message so I can ring them when I'm next available x

Totally get this!! I get late calls on a sat eve and Sunday and clients get a bit funny if you don't get straight back to them. I know that if the phone wasn't ringing then that would be a problem but I feel your annoyance! Xx

This is the reason I have 2 phones. My phone is only on the days I work, I'm glad I never put my personal number out there when I was mobile. x

Leely x

Think lillygoose has got the right idea, why not just let it go on to answer phone? As for 9.30am and 10pm, yes a bit early/late though for some of these people it's also the only time they get to discuss their appointments/questions. I appreciate this is outside working hours though if me would be thankful for the potential customers... As you said you are :) why not get a seperate phone for work/personal calls. Good luck!

I turn my phone off when I go to bed, and on again in the morning. We advertise that you can call or text, 24/7, so what was my personal mobile is now the work mobile - although i haven't got my own one yet!!!
I will sometimes read a text or play a message and ignore it til I'm back at work but for a lot of clients it is a way of making a booking.

I tried to ring a hairdressers on a Saturday evening when they closed at 5, and I was just too late. They have a training day Monday, which was when I left a message (in the hope they would deal with it), and their message said they reopen Tuesday at 11. By 1.45 Tuesday, no-one had called me back. I was trying to book 2 haircuts for the Wednesday afternoon, totalling about £90. I managed to do it when I rang them back - no apology for not returning my call. I would much rather offer my clients a service that suits their lifestyle (that I can choose to ignore or deal with a little later) than to lose clients/work/money because I completely shut down for days at a time. My hairdresser wasn't fully booked - now I know why - no-one else can book with them either!!!

Just be glad you have clients lol!!!

Don't get me wrong, I don't answer the phone on Sunday, I let it got to voicemail and its on silent when I go to bed. I can deal with them when I re-open on Monday morning, and i always do, promptly!

I just find their attitude rude and ignorant to be calling at such times.

I don't think they are being rude by texting or ringing to leave a message, they will be expecting to get the answerphone & to leave a message not to speak to you so that isn't rude.

If they are ringing and expecting you to answer or reply instantly then that is different.

If you have a problem with people ringing at 'unsociable times' then list the times you are open and accept calls on your website & facebook or turn your phone off/on at those times only.

I get calls & texts at all hours of the day & night but I have a dedicated work phone so I can chose to answer the call or not, I can also choose to ignore a message until I am working or I can send a short reply stating I am not working at the moment but will get back to them when I'm working again.

We have a bet on how many calls I get on Xmas Day this year...:)

I agree with Baggybear, some clients are just to busy to call during business hours, when they call at 10pm on a Saturday night they are problerly expecting to leave a message so that you can get back to them when you are next within your working hours.

I have 2 phones & leave it on silent every night from 9pm til 9am & sat eve to monday, my voicemail says if they would like to leave a message or send their details by text I will get back to them during business hours. Still annoying that Ive had a voicemail at 2.20 am & no reply when I returned the call! They dont know my phone is on silent in a draw ;)

Xx

We have a bet on how many calls I get on Xmas Day this year...:)

My dad used to do odd jobs on the side to keep him busy and a few years ago we got an answer phone message at 7am on boxing day from one of his clients telling him abruptly he needed to go round asap because her neighbours washing machine had flooded her kitchen floor and she didn't want to call a plumber out because it would cost a bomb. For £12 an hour my dad ignored it and never bothered to reply to her message :lol:

Badly timed Calls are still far better than NO calls,

If you don't
Set boundarys then people don't know what's acceptable a d what's not ,

Maybe it's a good time to check your online contact info Mae sure you have work hours there two.

Change your voicemail to "hi you've reached ***** if this is a booking enquiry please call between working hours of **** thank you " and done

Almost the same here.. I had someone Facebook me on Saturday at 6 o'clock (someone who has had 2 of their 3 chances with me!!) to say he needed his brows done I said no problem my next appointment Is Tuesday at 615 is this any good for you? And please note I require at least 24 hours notice if you can't make your appointment. 2 hours later I get a message back saying oh I wanted them done tonight. Eh hello it's a Saturday night lol? Just because I work from home people think I have nothing better to do than sit and wait on them making an appointment/turning up!! Rant over ha xx

Almost the same here.. I had someone Facebook me on Saturday at 6 o'clock (someone who has had 2 of their 3 chances with me!!) to say he needed his brows done I said no problem my next appointment Is Tuesday at 615 is this any good for you? And please note I require at least 24 hours notice if you can't make your appointment. 2 hours later I get a message back saying oh I wanted them done tonight. Eh hello it's a Saturday night lol? Just because I work from home people think I have nothing better to do than sit and wait on them making an appointment/turning up!! Rant over ha xx

When i first started up, so was building my client base, i had a client call me for some waxing, i asked when she would like her appointment and she said 'now?' i replied 'yes ok, i can be with you in 15 minutes' that would be just enough time to grab my stuff and get there and she said 'oh no sorry i'm on my lunch break, i need it done now' .... ok let me just fetch my magic carpet :wink2:

When i first started up, so was building my client base, i had a client call me for some waxing, i asked when she would like her appointment and she said 'now?' i replied 'yes ok, i can be with you in 15 minutes' that would be just enough time to grab my stuff and get there and she said 'oh no sorry i'm on my lunch break, i need it done now' .... ok let me just fetch my magic carpet :wink2:

I honestly wonder what people think we do lol!!

I had some xxxxxx who rang me up at 2am asking if I did waxing, when I politely told him, "mate, it's 2 in the morning", he calmly replied, Well do you do emergency waxing then?!!

I then told him where to go and I wasn't polite!! Looking back now it does it does make me laugh.

:biggrin:

Oh and add to that a text off a potential client asking if I fit her in on Xmas Eve at 8.30 pm. That'd be a NO love, and the ones that text on a Saturday night at say 8pm and ask if you have anything that night! On principle, I just say no, I'm fully booked!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, they expect you to magic yourself there immediately....the amount of times I've had calls like this.

One Sunday during our lovely summer heat wave I got a text from a client at 3pm whilst I was sipping wine in the garden. Could I pop over NOW and give her a mani and a pedi please? Could I f**k! :eek:

Nothing to do with beauty treatments, I had a client last week who works in a nursery who told me. A parent has asked if she could bring her child in on Christmas Day for a few hours. So it's not only our clients who want appts at weird times lol. xx

Leely x

Latest posts

Back