Clients cancelling via text

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why my work mobile never comes upstairs in the evenings... :)

I don't think they expect a reply at that sort of time. They are pleasantly surprised when they do and if not they will expect a text when it is convenient for you. I had a text last night at 9pm but since she was my first ever client and has been so loyal I don't mind texting her back as its usually a time & a day and she says ok :)

Sometimes people text at odd hours so they don't forget to contact you x

I agree.

Rosycheeks, if the text arriving wakes/disturbs you, maybe turn off the sound of the message alert? Can't think of a way round it otherwise. x

True and true.. I'm going to have to accept that clients want you 24/7 haha! That's the only downside with texting, doesn't seem the same as phoning someone, you can text whatever time of the day/night!

I think a good rule of thumb is to mirror the preferences of your client - if they usually ring me to book/cancel then i will ring them if i need to get in touch. If a client usually texts me to book/cancel then i will text them to get in touch. People feel comfortable communicating in different ways and i just go with whatever their preferences are and whatever they are comfortable with. I'm a super duper perfectionist and a right old fuss-pot when it comes to my work and i like to do things a specific way but i've learned that not everyone likes doing things my way and i have changed the way i think about a lot of things and now i do whatever is easiest for the client. I used to worry a lot if someone cancelled but before long they always get in touch for another appointment. I've used lots of different replies when clients have cancelled it used to really make me feel gutted but now i have more confidence in everything i do so it doesn't worry me anymore. The best reply i have found works if someone texts or calls to say 'i need to cancel my appointment' ...i reply 'of course no problem at all, get in touch when you're ready, look forward to seeing you'. It's short, lighthearted and polite, there's no pressure on the client to re-book or make a decision, chances are if they have to cancel they are probably really busy or something has come up unexpectedly and won't have time think about another date for their appointment. They will most probably be feeling bad as they may feel they are letting you down so a quick reply that is friendly with no pressure will be a relief for them. Think of a time when you've had to cancel an appointment and remember how you felt and what kind of response you would have liked? You've got nothing to worry about, clients come and go and there's plenty out there who have yet to discover how talented you are, once you've established a good relationship with a client they will stick around for the long term :o) have faith and don't think about things too much x

That was supposed to be a smiley face - sorry wrong one came up, still working out the gadgets on here lol x

I text all of the time for all sorts, clients etc, I find it easier when I'm buzy takes up less time, and they feel they've had a response even if it only says ok will arrange a time when I'm free! To be honest I prefer texting! And as others have stated your lucky she contacted you, also have you thought she may have been buzy and not had time to call! Xx

Latest posts

Back