Clients doing own nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only yesterday I was having a girls night and mentioned I was currently saving to do a course. As soon as I mentioned it was CND complete, one of the girlies squealed "SHELLAC!!!!" and got massively excited. She told me her mum was wanting to buy the kit but really struggling to find it. She said it must be Shellac and none of the copycat brands (atleast she understood the importance of using a reputable product). She loved getting Shellac'd, but was struggling to pay for it. I told her the reason her mother couldn't find it is that it is strictly a professional only product, it has been designed with rigorous testing and made for perfect professional use. I advised her to do a manicure course and then CND would allow her to purchase. She asked why they'd only sell it to a professional. I told her it needs to be prepped, applied and cured properly or it can lead to complications. I also added that if she got a bit of product on the skin and cured it, that could lead to a permanent allergy to gels; it's just not worth it. On top of that I pointed out that it's quite possible that at her skill level she already may be getting a little polish on the skin as most people do, what if that was gel? There's a reason you pay a certain price for a professional to do a treatment, you pay for their knowledge and expert skills - which they in turn have paid a great deal of money to learn. Whatever I said paid off, she IMMEDIATELY text her mum telling her no way she should try to do it herself. Job done :) and I've promised to use her and her mum as models once I'm on my course and have student insurance, something else I explained the importance of.

Loving this ....wish I had time to DIY my own Nails....there a mess
Over the years I have had so many clients thinking and saying that looks so easy,be acrylic,gel,waxing,lash tinting(buy tinting kit from Boots) and us fully trained have to do 24hour patch test for insurance....
Clients go off waste money and have a go, not that easy after all,one of my clients bought a spray tan machine used it twice got OH to to the tan and my reckoning its now in the loft next to her sunbed she used a handful of times with the soda machine on top lol,tonight she was at my salon 7pm for her tan she has ever two weeks!!!
You need full training in every aspect of nails and beauty to succeed....

Client today,bought a gel kit over the Internet ...cheap as chips....
Had a couple of goes doing them she says but no way as good as yours thay just peeled away....please i wonder why!!!!!

Latest posts

Back