Clients itching cuticles and skin!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haylznailz

uniquelicious
Reaction score
Hi All

Happy New year!

wondered if you have any ideas on this, my clients lately 2 or 3 been complaining of itching cuticles an skin round nails sore, never had this before, still use the same system i have been using for years, i sanatise files an sterilise equipment in barbicide, so dont know what may have caused this, has anyone else ever had this?
mayb there is a thread on here somewhere, but on the laptop just thought id send it quick

thanks in advance

xHx]

Hi All

Happy New year!

wondered if you have any ideas on this, my clients lately 2 or 3 been complaining of itching cuticles an skin round nails sore, never had this before, still use the same system i have been using for years, i sanatise files an sterilise equipment in barbicide, so dont know what may have caused this, has anyone else ever had this?
mayb there is a thread on here somewhere, but on the laptop just thought id send it quick

thanks in advance

xHx]

Sounds as if they've become allergic or product's touching skin.
They really need to go to see their GP's before you do another service on them to rule out allergy. Sorry if that doesn't help much :hug:

yeah does sound like a rection or allergy
but can't infections itch too? do they look red, etc..?

Have you accidently been getting the primer on the skin? This continual exposure would definitely cause a reaction over time.

Are these gel clients? It sounds as though they could be developing a senstivity. Be very careful when removing the inhibition layer. Make sure you do not rub over onto the skin as this will be creating an exposure hazard. Use a new pad for each finger to avoid putting uncured gel on the skin.

I had this happen to one of my regular clients, has been coming to me for two years, then all of a sudden, had exactly the same reaction as your client, even though when wiping the dispersion layer of gel am always careful not the touch the skin.

We put it down to the medication she had recently started taking for thyroid and also hrt.

Hi,
It sounds like overexposure to me (IMO)
This is whats happend to me ( due to my own carelesness while doing my own nails,especialy the wrong hand :lol:)
My fingers and cuticles itch like crazy and I've been warned by my doc that if I don't take more care, in time I will be likely to develop an allergy to all things that contain a form of acrylic :eek:.
hth

Last edited:
i had this with a client, it's over exposure to the monomer. this doesn't mean ur being careless as i never went near the cuticles or underside of the nail with any monomer or acrylic. I have since changed my client over to gel and she has had no more problems. hth:hug:

i had this with a client, it's over exposure to the monomer. this doesn't mean ur being careless as i never went near the cuticles or underside of the nail with any monomer or acrylic. I have since changed my client over to gel and she has had no more problems. hth:hug:

At the risk of sounding argumentative,I really don't mean to be :hug:.
How can overexposure occur if the surrounding skin/eponichium hasn't continuously come into contact with the product used?
I was told by my GP that this was the reason for my itchy fingers and I know and admit it was my own fault.
xxx:hug:xxx

how regular are these clients? are they pickers? do u use drill too close to the cuticle? Ive been to the asian nail bars ....I actually like their products.....however they use the e-file the get rid of cuticle eeeeeek!!!! Anyways, if i visit the salon too often my cuticles get red and inflamed and itch like crazy. Not saying u do this.....maybe the client is not taking care of nails and is needing infills too often?

Hi,
It sounds like overexposure to me (IMO)
This is whats happend to me ( due to my own carelesness while doing my own nails,especialy the wrong hand :lol:)
My fingers and cuticles itch like crazy and I've been warned by my doc that if I don't take more care, in time I will be likely to develop an allergy to all things that contain a form of acrylic :eek:.
hth

Sounds like overexposure to me too and to quote Doug Schoon,

"Gels and wraps as well as monomer-polymer nail enhancements, can all cause allergic reactions. Monomers and oligomers must NEVER contact any skin, including your own. Not even once! NEVER! Unfortunately, it is easier to slop on product than it is to leave an 1/8 inch margin between product and the cuticle. Nail technicians get into the habit of touching the skin. It doesn't seem to have any immedaite effect. They don't realize that they are slowing sensitising their clientele."

hth a bit, unfortunatley we have all been a bit guilty of this from time to time but this advice is paramount. :)

Latest posts

Back