Client's just asked if she can owe me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen Faye

Reaction score
Just been messaging a tough client, the type that wants it all but doesn't want to hand over the cash, always waits for the smallest of change!!!
I had cancellation for tomorrow morning so I text her to say one had become available so could fit her in. So she's been messaging me ever since to discuss what she wants even though I have said we will have to wait and see tomorrow before I can give any definite answers.
Now she's just text saying she's looked in her purse and shes only got £xx and she'll have to owe me the rest.
I know she isn't short of cash as she's off away on another holiday Thursday!!!
She's on/off regular client.should I do it this time and just ask for it would she does book another appointment?
I'm soft at times xxx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't do it! How do you know she will have another appointment? She might make you believe that she does by rescheduling but for all you know she could not show up!

Absolutely not! She wouldn't go to dinner them when the bill comes tell them she'll pay next time she pops buy.

I'd just say politely like I do to my clients that I have to be fair to all clients and take a full price payment/charge everybody the same .... If they'd prefer I can rebook them in a couple of weeks.

You are running a business not a charity xxxx

I wouldn't as there could be that chance she will go elsewhere And In the time being youll be out of pocket. Maybe suggest to Her you'll do some now and the rest when she is back off holiday and can afford it

No way, if she was a proper regular then I would say ok as a one off, but not for an on/off client.

I have a 3 week regular who I've known for 6 years, last week I went to her and she said could she transfer the money this week as she's having money problems (I know she is) which is fine because I know she will pay, but deffo not for a non-reg

She's gone else where before (because it was cheap)and then come to me to have it corrected!!! I do feel its massively cheeky of her. Any help with a text reply please? Lol I'm a wimp xx

Just text back and say
"Probably best if we just leave it then"

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi XXX, unfortunately I will need to take full payment of the treatment on the day. If this is not possible, I'm quite happy to rearrange for (next week/week after etc)

Alternatively maybe invite her to have a treatment she can afford?!

I don't really think you should have to give her a reason so wanting all the money but if people ask me, I always say because my accounts won't match up haha

Or tell her to go to the cash point of her purse is looking empty 😜

I would just text, hi i am so sorry but being self employed i do not give credit, if this is a problem we could re arrange for another time. Please let me know asap so i can offer the appointment to another client. Cheek of some people. x

I've booked a table at Gauchos tomorrow night - I'm going to order the steak - biggest one they have - I have no money- do you think I can owe then on pay day?

Said no one ever.

Let's all be honest. In our heart of hearts we just want to tell her to eff off!

Please note I am not advising this to the op x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I like Emj's text, I would simply say that you can't take part payment from clients.

I hate it when people do this, I have a client I never saw again who still owes me £10 as she was short when I did a full re-style and colour! What could I do? Shave her head? Lol
On the plus side at least the client has pre warned you so u are in the position to say that u cannot do that.

I've replied this, We can leave it tomorrow and do it when your back if you prefer?
I hate being too harsh. But yes id love to tell the tight cow to f off xx

"she'll have to owe you the rest!"
I don't think so lol - if she can't afford it, she can't have it...

Why do people think that in this industry it's OK to expect us to let them have credit...

.. I'm really XXX but if I allow you to do it, I'd have to allow everyone. So I'm afraid I can not offer credit.

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

Got a reply saying she'll ask to lend it off her neighbour!!!lol do i go and hope she'll have the money? Haha oh god!!!

When you get there, just say something like shall we sort the money out now so it's all done! X

It's such an awkward situation isn't it!! I've recently had something similar my client come in 20mins late and I started cutting her hair she said "oh I don't have my purse with me I'll have to just hand it in to you later today or tomorrow" That was Saturday and I've still not seen her!!! Furious!!

I'd just go in all normal and upbeat and just casually go 'did you manage to sort everything with your neighbour?' Fingers crossed she'll say yes and you're good to go. If she says no then urghh! Leave and never return!

I HATE the fact people even have the cheek to ask! At the end of the day, hair and beauty is a luxury, not a necessity. I had to go to the extreme of putting up a sign saying 'please do not ask for credit as refusal often offends'. Safe to say, nobody has asked since! I used the excuse that my till won't be balanced at end of night, which in all fairness isn't an excuse, it's the truth.
You couldn't go into a supermarket, do your full shop and ask to pay next time.
I'd probably reply her message and just say 'can you let me know before I come whether you have the money so I know whether you need to rearrange'
Good luck. Keep us updated! :)

Latest posts

Back