Clients re-arranging appointments, how do you manage this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
I have a "new" client who is not that local, who has now re-arranged twice in the past 3 days. I don't know if she is winding me up, but I feel she is making excuses and won't want me to go this week.

Now I am prepared that she is a timewaster, but how do you deal with this? Three strikes and their out kind of thing?

And what do I say, because the texts I was getting last night were completely ridiculous, silly questions and skirting round the issue of todays' appointment.

I've done mobile a long time, and usually have fab clients who don't re-arrange I understand sometimes we may have to, but when you get a time waster what do you do?

I would just perhaps say that you have a policy whereby if a client changes thier apointment more than x amount of times that 50% of the treatment cost is payable as it effects availablity for other clients.

Do you take credit cards? If so then next time she tries to book, explain thR you are now only taking bookings from her with credit card info....

Def a good idea taking deposits for these people. You'll find that they do turn up if they've paid. Or you could try and suggest that they phone you on the day and see if you've got any spaces available.

I was taking an appointment the other day and I said that their was a 9 o'clock left. She replied "I'll see if I can make it, I'm bad a getting up in the mornings", I said well you'll need to let us know if you can make it or not, otherwise you'll get charged, because we could book another person in that space.

What a cheek, I felt like saying I'll see if the therapist can make it for your appointment, she might fancy a lie in.

xxx

No I don't take deposits, bit difficult when mobile, I've a feeling I'm being messed around, just thinking of the text I will concoct! lol

The best thing to do is say 'yes ok you can have this appointment but you will not be able to change it as it's the only time I have for ......'
It works ive tried it. They stick to it because they worry they wont get another appointment xxx

if she is messing you about by text, just call her and say its easier to arrange on the phone. then you'll get a better feel for what type of person she is...

or just say to her, please call for appointments. x

Say that if they cancel less than 24 notice they will have to pay a certain amount. Explain the detrimental impact is has on your salon and how when they cancel at short notice you may not be able to fill their appointment. Most people will be reasonable - I think if this person is causing you this much hassle you should be prepared to lose her as a customer. But I would advise doing this as nicely as possible - we all know the imact of bad publicity even if it is entirely justified on your part.

let us know how you get on ...

Latest posts

Back