Clients who give Xmas gifts.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachybaby

Reaction score
Christmas is on its way and got me thinking about clients who bring gifts for us. In a way i LOVE IT, but also get embarassed taking them.

We all have clients who we love and look forward to seeing and I'm thinking about giving them a little gift. I just usually give cards thanking them for all their custom throughout the year.

Any ideas or do you think its a bad idea, should I give to my favourite ones or all?

Im going to give to all my clients this year, I think it only fair.

A thankyou card, a file, buffer and some cuticle oil in a pretty bag I think will do the trick.

HTH Teri x:)

This year i have bought my regular clients a mini creative gift set. I think its a great way to boost retail to as once they've used the products up they usually buy the full size products. :green:

For my favourite regulars, I will be giving them a little something - perhaps a mini Scentsations and/or solar oil.

Hi

I will not be giving my clients anything as I believe they do quite well out of me all year round! They are tight as well so I dont retail anything apart from Cuticle oil. I have tried polishes, buffers, hand creams, the lot!

I know you shouldn't give to receive but I would if I thought that they would
a) Appriciate it
b) Use it
c) Not give it to someone else as a christmas present
Then I would glady give them a little treat at Crimbo.

However, slightly contradicting myself, they get a voucher on their last appointment before Crimbo for £5 off their next app. I go away for 3 weeks at Crimbo so I feel guilty if they have to pay full wack when I get home. Usually their nails take a good bashing over the festive season!

YES, they are that tight!

xxx

Hi

I will not be giving my clients anything as I believe they do quite well out of me all year round! They are tight as well so I dont retail anything apart from Cuticle oil. I have tried polishes, buffers, hand creams, the lot!

I know you shouldn't give to receive but I would if I thought that they would
a) Appriciate it
b) Use it
c) Not give it to someone else as a christmas present
Then I would glady give them a little treat at Crimbo.

However, slightly contradicting myself, they get a voucher on their last appointment before Crimbo for £5 off their next app. I go away for 3 weeks at Crimbo so I feel guilty if they have to pay full wack when I get home. Usually their nails take a good bashing over the festive season!

YES, they are that tight!

xxx

Thats quite a good point, as i have one client that is always giving people gifts that were originally bought for her ! I always make sure i write a message to her on the packaging so she can't give it away & ask for feedback on what she thinks of the products !! :lol:

I give gifts only to a portion of my regulars, my real sweeties that I adore (if you're good to me, I'm good to you LOL)
One of them, a newbie, grates on my last nerve, never paying any heed to the do's and don'ts of nail enhancements (DO wear gloves DO use cuticle oil and NOT vegetable oil:rolleyes: etc).. FOR HER, I'm giving her a bottle of cuticle oil. MAYBE if she uses it, she'll see the difference and continue in the future.

My other regs will get a small rebate coupon.
For newbies, I'll wish them 'Merry Xmas':wink2:

I don't charge heaps, so can't afford to be that generous to my clients.
By the same token, I want them to know that I DO appreciate their patronage and that they're not just numbers to me like they might be elsewhere.

Christmas is on its way and got me thinking about clients who bring gifts for us. In a way i LOVE IT, but also get embarassed taking them.

We all have clients who we love and look forward to seeing and I'm thinking about giving them a little gift. I just usually give cards thanking them for all their custom throughout the year.

Any ideas or do you think its a bad idea, should I give to my favourite ones or all?

If it were me wanting to give a gift i'd give to all my clients and not just a favoured few. Its only takes one of your 'other' clients to find out which'll put you in an embarrasing situation.

Tht's what i'd do anyway. :)

Thats quite a good point, as i have one client that is always giving people gifts that were originally bought for her ! I always make sure i write a message to her on the packaging so she can't give it away & ask for feedback on what she thinks of the products !! :lol:

Why wuld this be such a bad thing? Maybe by giving it to someone who would actually use it rather than sitting on a shelf is better for you. that way they might even say to your client" hey, you know tht bottle of solar oil you gave me for Chricstmas, it's really good. could you tell me where you got it so i can get some more". and there you go, another retail.

So why give to someone if there not going to use it. Plus i've found people are more likely to use something if they've actually PAID for it.

yes
we give our long standing regulars little xmas gifts, and yes, they do get spoilt most of the year, with discounts and specials...............but only one customer buys us a little something!!!! they dont even give an xmas tip!!!! one customer tips every time-bless her.

but would be nice to get a little something back.
1 clients seems to expect an xmas pressie, 6th year running..........:rolleyes: mmmm should we disappoint her and say, "we thought it was our turn this year":!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking maybe a diary with your business name on it etc., then they can write down their next appointment, not talking hardback though:)

I was thinking maybe a diary with your business name on it etc., then they can write down their next appointment, not talking hardback though:)

Yep this is what i am doing this year!

I get sent them in the post every year so this year though i would go for it. I cant remember off hand but it think there about 50p each with a minimum order of x ammount.

I'm giving them a card with a fridge magnet in it. I may do some magnetic calenders for my regulars.

I usually give clients a christmas card with £5 voucher off a specific treatment.

This thread has got me thinking though. How many of us has ever received anything from say, your hairdresser or beauty therapist etc that you visit? I never receive anything from my hairdressers and I spend £70 every 5 weeks in there?

Do we have to do this and do you find it is good for business?

Latest posts

Back