Cling film substitute?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

At the moment during my Luxury Manicure I am applying my creamy mask and then wrapping my client's hands in cling film, then placing inside heated mittens.

My questions is, can someone tell me where I can buy something (in glove form pref) that I can put onto my client's hands, to keep the cream on and protect the heated mittens as well as being disposable?

Im sure Iv'e heard of people putting them is disposable gloves, but their not rubber ones etc. I just don't know where to look?

Many thanks

Hi,

I use plastic bgas. I started off using the ones I bought when doing a paraffin wax but now I use plastic bags that come in a roll form as much cheaper.

I have used the plastic gloves that you mention but personally I find it less of a faff to use plastic bags IMO.

Hi,

I use plastic bgas. I started off using the ones I bought when doing a paraffin wax but now I use plastic bags that come in a roll form as much cheaper.

I have used the plastic gloves that you mention but personally I find it less of a faff to use plastic bags IMO.

I can understand about the faffing bit. What sort of bags to you use? Do you just have them on as bags with the opeing, or do you close off the end somehow?

Thanks

There are plastic bags made specifically for parafin mani's. I use them and love them. I get them at my local beauty supplier. :)

There are plastic bags made specifically for parafin mani's. I use them and love them. I get them at my local beauty supplier. :)

I use these too :) get mine from Sally's xx

Hi,

I also use the plastic bags you can get from supermarkets on a roll a lot cheaper and then i just pop the cream on the clients hands then slide it into the bag and into the mitts.

Hi Becky I buy the medium sized food bags from Wilkos (really inexpensive!) and I find they are ideal - I also use them for the pedicures x

Hi,

I use bags on a roll.
I just put them over the creamed hands and leave open.
I also put toweling mitts over the plastic bags before putting the clients hands into heated mitts as some clients (myself included) felt the heated mitts were a bit too intense without the toweling mitts.

I can understand about the faffing bit. What sort of bags to you use? Do you just have them on as bags with the opeing, or do you close off the end somehow?

Thanks
The bag will close of by itself by clinging to the hand masque x

When doing a waterless mani I use large size gloves. After letting the hands absorb for a moment I carefully cut off the tips and do my cuticle and nail work while letting the lotion or mask soak a bit longer into the skin. Leaves a lovely finish!

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back