clippers, which ones?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
I'm doing the NVQ2 in hairdressing, my course doesn't cover barbering, which I'm wanting to do.

Anyway, I do my boyfriend's hair, and my clippers are so rubbish I just chucked them in the bin! I'm looking to get some replacements, I am having to be careful with money at the mo.

I was looking at these:

Capital Hair & Beauty Ltd - Hairdressing & Beauty Wholesalers - Wahl Pro Clipper - Yellow

or these

Capital Hair & Beauty Ltd - Hairdressing & Beauty Wholesalers - Wahl Super Taper Clipper

Are they any good for all round use? Or are there any others you'd reccommend?

Ta me lovelies:hug:

Hi both the clippers you chose are WHAL , and you cannot go wrong with WHAL they will last you for years and years if you follow the maintenance guide , they are fab.

Being a barber and hairdresser I found over the years that the larger WHAL clippers you are looking at are great but quite heavy and more suited to a mans hands as they are quite heavy large and bulky ,

but the good news is they do a black one with a blue label
which is a lighter weight one and is more manoeuvrable.
this is the one I use and I love it , its such a neat size to handle .

It is called a WHAL taper small clipper ,
which is exactly the same as the WHAL big ones in all aspects,
and it takes exactly the same size blades and clipper guards ect

but I find it really is a heck of a lot easier to handle in a ladies hands,

These are 31.50 plus Vat , and are available at Salons Direct the catalouge product number is HCZ 57404

and Salons Direct phone number is 0845 345 9215
ask them for your local stores number ?
and ask them to pop you on the mailing list for a catalouge .

The training at Salons Direct is fab too and the WHAL course for clipper and design is HABIA approved,

you can get further details about the clipper course on 0151 670 5980

good luck :hug:
PS will you let us know how you got on ?

WAHL are great - the best I've had, had mine for ages.

Gee what a fantastic reply! Thanks for that, I'll order myself the ones you reccommended Minky!

Cheers:hug:

Hi ditzy You are very welcome , pleased we were of some help , :hug:

Latest posts

Back