CND additives-worth the money?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitzyGlam08

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I've watched tons of videos on the additives and they look amazing but can't you get the same or similar effects with eyeshadow? And their new twinkle collection looks beautiful but I'm wondering if its anything more than fine glitters?

I don't have experience with the additives but you can buy cosmetic grade pigments and glitter that would probably work just as well.

I buy my stuff from TKB Trading

Yes you can, I used a Gold Mineral powder eye shadow and got a brilliant effect

Of course you can.
However I don't have time to browse the web and source and trial products.
I did it once with mica powders, and they were lovely...until I realised they were craft quality not cosmetic and could have sorts of health and safety issues, so I had to bin them.

As far as I am concerned CND have done all the work for me and supplied it in a nicely branded box...that'll do for me lol :wink2:

Of course you can.
However I don't have time to browse the web and source and trial products.
I did it once with mica powders, and they were lovely...until I realised they were craft quality not cosmetic and could have sorts of health and safety issues, so I had to bin them.

As far as I am concerned CND have done all the work for me and supplied it in a nicely branded box...that'll do for me lol :wink2:

Totally agree with this post, I couldn't be without my additives love them they look so professional in there little case with brushes and Cnd has done the hard work so you know there not only going to look good but your not going to have problems with your nail system, they go a long way and worth the money in my opinion :) x

The only problem I have with additives is that I need a bigger box for them! :biggrin:

The only problem I have with additives is that I need a bigger box for them! :biggrin:

Me too :)

I've got the original ones the way they came in the box (with the extra colours. In the gap between I've put the brushes and the twinkle ones on top of the original ones it just about fits :)

Vicki x

im with izzidoll and sharry, if you have time to be browsing the web and finding cheaper products the that is up to you but will it be a good quality?will it last?are there health and safety issues?

i have spent too much time over the 15 years of being a tech looking and trying to find cheaper products that eventually go in the bin and i fork out more money on the decent stuff! lesson learnt for me, no more wasting my time and my money xx

Totally beats me why it seems that some people would rather go to any lengths or to anyone rather than go to the manufacturers who support their business with products that work, are safe, and dependable and better quality for the job. Of course other things will work .. no one ever said anything different .. but why?? :eek:

To the OP ... they are not 'just the same thing' as has been said by many of the techs that are using the additives, in other posts.

We spend enough time saying that we must not mix systems, we must only use the products which have been trialled and tested, both so we can keep our insurance valid and also adhere to our manufacturers instructions. Well... that's what these are! Trialled, tested (with each system) and ready to go! And all done for us.

I also think it just helps to further push home to the client that you're using the CND additives; if everything you use is branded by your company, you look more professional than just rolling out a little empty make-up box or something filled with unidentified powders.

For me, it's about elevating the service for my clients... and even if they WERE the same thing, I'd still buy CND. It sets us apart from those who don't, makes us look more professional and it shows that, yes CND are making money (they ARE a business, but so are those who sell on ebay, even if they're not declaring) but they support me greatly in terms of providing amazing products that we all know work (even if we never fail to be amazed by all the different innovations!), the amazing marketing that they do (please tell me who has ever read a womens magazine and hasn't heard of solar oil!?) and finally... the education they provide that allows me to get the absolute best out of each and every product. It's a no brainer for me.

For me eyeshadows are for eyes, additives are for nails. I would much rather have pigments powders on my table designed for nails than pots of eyeshadows. I think it looks better to the client personally.

I also know that with CND additives they work as a system with my Shellac and Brisa so when the client walks out I'm not fretting about how long my creations will last. I've had some fantastic results with the additives and ok so I may not used them enough to earn my investment back, but the clients that have had it have drawn more attention to my work thus sending new business my way so in a roundabout way yes they have been worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I've watched tons of videos on the additives and they look amazing but can't you get the same or similar effects with eyeshadow? And their new twinkle collection looks beautiful but I'm wondering if its anything more than fine glitters?
I'm also wondering, is it just "marketing"? I buy cosmetic SC Mica here
and it's working very wel, i can mix it with acrylic powder (i use CND) and i can rub it in a textured acrylic to create snake-skin effects. :)
Greetings from Belgium,
Conny

I don't have experience with the chemicals but you can buy cosmetic quality pigments and glitter glue that would most likely work just as well.

Best Organic Hair Care Products | Organic Shampoo and Conditioner, Natures Organic Market

I appreciate your post but I'm confused. In your non experience how are you recommending glitter glue?

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you have a lot of experience in organic hair products that you are promoting. :)

Latest posts

Back