CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad youv put this on as iv been loving reading this thread & wasn't sure the additives could be used with Gelish!
That look lovely by the way :)
owith Gelish.

I tried some last night... They were fab, so I have ordered the kit today :) xxx

Sorry for the delay in uploading pic, finally figured out i needed to resize it. So anyways, heres the mesh that i used for snakeskin without the snake :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,243
What do you use to stipple on the additive to create the snake skin effect? Do you use one of thee brushes in the kit or is it better to use a sponge

What do you use to stipple on the additive to create the snake skin effect? Do you use one of thee brushes in the kit or is it better to use a sponge
I used a brush that's similar in size to the cnd brisa oval brush ( and use small amounts of the additive).
The large brush in the kit is better for all over application

I tried some last night... They were fab, so I have ordered the kit today :) xxx

From sweet squared hun? I want them all haha!!! Love the snake skin print!!! :) xx

From sweet squared hun? I want them all haha!!! Love the snake skin print!!! :) xx

Yes hun. I had ordered black and pink gold shimmer - but after I had a play I went on and ordered the whole kit! Haha :) xxx

Yes hun. I had ordered black and pink gold shimmer - but after I had a play I went on and ordered the whole kit! Haha :) xxx

Could you pm me prices of the kit? & what it consists of ? Thanks Hun xx

Cerulean Blue and Purple over Gelish Sheek White

Attachments

• adada.jpg
    adada.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 648
Has anyone used Additives with liquid and powder? I don't use Shellac at the moment and looking through the thread it seems like everyone is experimenting with Shellac!

Just wondered if anyone had had good results with Additives in acrylics.

Thank you!

Has anyone used Additives with liquid and powder? I don't use Shellac at the moment and looking through the thread it seems like everyone is experimenting with Shellac!

Thank you!
Have you had a look at the CND additives group, there's loads of info and chat there, i'm sure you'll find what your looking for :) x

Thank you!

have a look on cnd website, there are lots of ideas on there for using additives with shellac, gel and L+P xx

Here is my latest. Shellac cream puff with the blue the yellow to creat the turquoise and created bubbles with dsperse drops (idea I got off chocolatepickle thank you!) and created reed things with glitzy lips foil (I don't have usual nail foil at the mo)

They are a bit untidy, I'm still getting used to applying the top coat so when you remove tacky layer you don't wipe off half your additive! And cream puff I found tricky to paint a whole nail in it.

E x

Just re looked at pic and they are more greeny turquoise in real life!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346231365.069807.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346231365.069807.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:
Shellac moonlight and roses with antique bronze additive.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346232017.503800.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346232017.503800.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 719
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346232044.496797.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346232044.496797.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 589
Here is my latest. Shellac cream puff with the blue the yellow to creat the turquoise and created bubbles with dsperse drops (idea I got off chocolatepickle thank you!) and created reed things with glitzy lips foil (I don't have usual nail foil at the mo)

They are a bit untidy, I'm still getting used to applying the top coat so when you remove tacky layer you don't wipe off half your additive! And cream puff I found tricky to paint a whole nail in it.

E x

Just re looked at pic and they are more greeny turquoise in real life!

I love these. How did you apply the dsperse please? Also, how did you do the read things with foil, I have only used foil for full application. Did you topcoat in between??
Thanks xx

I love these. How did you apply the dsperse please? Also, how did you do the read things with foil, I have only used foil for full application. Did you topcoat in between??
Thanks xx

thank you!
I used the CND dotting tool that came in the kit, the large end but carefully otherwise you get big bubbles! I dotted a bit of excess off first. For the reeds I used a detail brush to design with the glue then when it turned clear applied the foil. It was a bit patchy but it gives a rustic look

E x

I removed tacky layer of top coat then foil then top coated tacky layer. I wanted to protec my design before foil incase the foil looked pants!

thank you!
I used the CND dotting tool that came in the kit, the large end but carefully otherwise you get big bubbles! I dotted a bit of excess off first. For the reeds I used a detail brush to design with the glue then when it turned clear applied the foil. It was a bit patchy but it gives a rustic look

E x

I removed tacky layer of top coat then foil then top coated tacky layer. I wanted to protec my design before foil incase the foil looked pants!

Thanks hun. I have never used the glue, I always apply on to the tacky layer. Thats why I couldnt figure it out lol. :lol:

Am I doing the right thing to create and Ombre look? I have done a couple of pops and start by carefully dabbing on small amounts of the Additive, starting from the bottom. Gradually working my way up dabbing for a full look, until I then decide to try and blend.
I then start 'pulling' the full area towards the free edge to make the faded effect and this also creates a further area of Additive, but a more transparent look the closer it gets to the free edge.

20120827_113648-1.jpg

fedoraandadditive.jpg

You can see by the second pic that I was not as particular in the central area of pulling the Additives towards the free edge.
But, is this technique how I should be doing it?

Am I doing the right thing to create and Ombre look? I have done a couple of pops and start by carefully dabbing on small amounts of the Additive, starting from the bottom. Gradually working my way up dabbing for a full look, until I then decide to try and blend.
I then start 'pulling' the full area towards the free edge to make the faded effect and this also creates a further area of Additive, but a more transparent look the closer it gets to the free edge.

20120827_113648-1.jpg

fedoraandadditive.jpg

You can see by the second pic that I was not as particular in the central area of pulling the Additives towards the free edge.
But, is this technique how I should be doing it?

Sounds like the way I do the ombre and I really like the results

xxx

Latest posts

Back