CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you really 'get it'. You will be floundering in the dark without a class or without following what others have done in the additives group until you find your own inspiration ..

Claire, you look like you need a direction. Sitting and daubing is not he best way to find it :hug: try a simple ombré first ... Different color combinations ... Then you will start to find a direction. Until you get the simple techniques, you won't get the more complicated ones. You look like you are brushing and not stippling.

I did stipple, honest Gov :wink2: :D But yes, going to arrange to meet up with Jen for a class as soon as I can

I did stipple, honest Gov :wink2: :D But yes, going to arrange to meet up with Jen for a class as soon as I can

When using net, you have to hold the net tight and stipple lightly and straight up and down or you will shove the powder under the net and spoil the crisp effect as looks to have happened there. Always easier to be shown how rather than struggling. I also use a very soft brush rather than a hard one when using net.

I had my first play with my Additives yesterday. I'm really disappointed with how these turned out and definitely need more practise with them :( Anyway, here they are....

can i just say i LOVE number 3 and 4..the snake effect...very effective.Love it

When using net, you have to hold the net tight and stipple lightly and straight up and down or you will shove the powder under the net and spoil the crisp effect as looks to have happened there. Always easier to be shown how rather than struggling. I also use a very soft brush rather than a hard one when using net.

That'll be the problem then, I stippled in all directions (net was as tight as I could get it without stretching) and I used my flat nail art brush but the end of it, if that makes sense?

Have just sent Jen a message to try and get booked in ASAP. You know me, hate not knowing how to do things!! :D :lol: Thanks Geeg :hug:

can i just say i LOVE number 3 and 4..the snake effect...very effective.Love it

Ah thank you, does need a lot of work though, could be MUCH better!! Number 1 was bubble wrap but I think again, could look 1000% better, didn't like the final look, think I should have stuck to just a couple of colours.

I definitely need a class!! :D

I think i'm gonna book onto a class too, I learnt a little by playing but I feel there's so much I could be missing out on, would the class still be beneficial to me as I use additives with the Gelish not Shellac? I do want to introduce Shellac at some point, I have the CND lamp which I adore and now im saving my pennys for the colour range :)

I think i'm gonna book onto a class too, I learnt a little by playing but I feel there's so much I could be missing out on, would the class still be beneficial to me as I use additives with the Gelish not Shellac? I do want to introduce Shellac at some point, I have the CND lamp which I adore and now im saving my pennys for the colour range :)

don't hold me to this but my guess would be you will need to use shellac in the class. If you can afford it why not buy a base and top and the 6 pack with 2 free colours that is currently on sale at s2. Would start your collection off and a lot cheaper than buying seperately

xxx

ahh right, I think im trying to do this all backwards lol, i'm actually putting my pennies by for several classes, CND Acrylic Conversion, CND Shellac and now the CND additives :eek:Like many here ive already spent quite a bit on refresher/ training already this year with NSI and Nail Harmony. I think I may have to put the CND acrylic conversion to one side for now, would I need a cert in Shellac to actually do the additives training?

This is Hotski with the Blue Additive on my natural nails :) love it

x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345998991.953386.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345998991.953386.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 925
I copied whoever it was above that done the lovely cocoa snake skin nails as I loved them so much. I used the same colours in additives but I swapped the cocoa base for rubble instead. :). I don't know if I want my mesh to be smaller though.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346001379.215482.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346001379.215482.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 834
I copied whoever it was above that done the lovely cocoa snake skin nails as I loved them so much. I used the same colours in additives but I swapped the cocoa base for rubble instead. :). I don't know if I want my mesh to be smaller though.

Love this <3 any chance you could take a pic of the mesh you used? :)

My first attempts with my additives. I think they're ok, and I also think I know what I need to do to improve them and where I went wrong this time! Will keep having a play for the moment before I practice on myself and my mother, and before I try on the general public!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346016332.990707.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346016332.990707.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 629
Had my first play tonight with additives. Can do a solid colour and fade really easily but other than that I'm lacking ideas. Think I'm going to signing up for the next available class!

Had fun cleaning the red additive off my table, lamp etc thanks to sneezing! So note to self, if I feel a sneeze coming on, move the heck away from the additives very quickly!! Lol xxx

Had my first play tonight with additives. Can do a solid colour and fade really easily but other than that I'm lacking ideas. Think I'm going to signing up for the next available class!

Had fun cleaning the red additive off my table, lamp etc thanks to sneezing! So note to self, if I feel a sneeze coming on, move the heck away from the additives very quickly!! Lol xxx

Too funny :)
Vicki x

Had a go with Additives over Gelish, as I wasn't sure it would work as well as it does with shellac. It does! This is Haute pink over Tiger Blossom. Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346109356.156084.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346109356.156084.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 4,187
Oh crap I forgot to take a photo of my mesh. I will try and remember on Wednesday when I am back in :)

Had a go with Additives over Gelish, as I wasn't sure it would work as well as it does with shellac. It does! This is Haute pink over Tiger Blossom. Xx

I'm glad youv put this on as iv been loving reading this thread & wasn't sure the additives could be used with Gelish!
That look lovely by the way :)
owith Gelish.

Latest posts

Back