CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh yesterday made a fabulous burnt orange colour using red, yellow and antique bronze mixed/cut together pressed in to iced cappuccino- as per my iphone pics do not do it justice but is so deliciously autumnal! (darker picture closest idea of colour)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345822331.801083.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345822331.801083.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 576
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345822347.826182.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345822347.826182.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 543
Loving 💗 the CND Additives! Here's some I've done: Tropix with Haute Pink (reminds me of Tequila Sunrise!)
Rubble with Antique Bronze looks like Gold Leaf!
Love creating, & playing with colours... Going to have so much pleasure with this! 👍

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345831861.100323.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345831861.100323.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 664
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345831903.433305.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345831903.433305.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 664
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345831944.167792.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345831944.167792.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 619
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345831991.786968.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345831991.786968.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 593
Hi all. Can I ask what everyone is calling these when advertising? I remember a few suggestions way back but after reading pages and pages I can't seem to find them! If the glitter is called rockstar is there a fun name for additives? xx

I bought dress net from a haberdashery store. Cheap as for a metre and holds well.

Has anyone tried using the white acrylic powder in additives yet? Just so you know I used some in the red to make a pink (was before id purchased Haute Pink) and used it for a design over Gelish, It has caused service breakdown and her gel is peeling off, I haven't had any other problems with the additives over gelish until now, so just though id let you all know and wondered if anyone else has had the same problem?

Has anyone tried using the white acrylic powder in additives yet? Just so you know I used some in the red to make a pink (was before id purchased Haute Pink) and used it for a design over Gelish, It has caused service breakdown and her gel is peeling off, I haven't had any other problems with the additives over gelish until now, so just though id let you all know and wondered if anyone else has had the same problem?

I do it quite allot, and had no problems ... And there is no chemical reason why you should have any problems unless your ratio of additive to powder is way out. There is no way, it would cause Shellac to peel off.

I do it quite allot, and had no problems ... And there is no chemical reason why you should have any problems unless your ratio of additive to powder is way out. There is no way, it would cause Shellac to peel off.

I wondered if it was because I was using Gelish not shellac that I have had this problem?

I used 3 part white acrylic powder and 1 part additive, im not actually 100% sure on the correct ratio when mixing the powders with acrylic powder that is then being used over a gel polish. Could you shed any light on this? :)

Oh and for a little more info that may help, this was done over acrylic enhancements.

p.s Also im not blaming the product here :) i'm just trying to figure out if its something I have done wrong, a good worker doesn't blame there tools and all that hehe.

Last edited:
Hi girls need some help....... Did a set of shellac Blackpool and blue additives, they came out great, client loved them only problem was there was blue staining on the skin round the nail even after wiping and oiling.....I told client this would come off after she washed her hands a couple of times I was also a bit disappointed that she had to leave with smurf fingers even though the nails looked fab....I got a text today from her saying her fingers were still blue!.has this happened to anyone and any help or ideas for me to rectify this would be great at loving additives......thanks

I had the same problem!! I thought I must have done something wrong! It's was a pink/purple fade xxx

Hi girls need some help....... Did a set of shellac Blackpool and blue additives, they came out great, client loved them only problem was there was blue staining on the skin round the nail even after wiping and oiling.....I told client this would come off after she washed her hands a couple of times I was also a bit disappointed that she had to leave with smurf fingers even though the nails looked fab....I got a text today from her saying her fingers were still blue!.has this happened to anyone and any help or ideas for me to rectify this would be great at loving additives......thanks

You can put a tiny amount of vasaline around the fingers using an orangewood stick, so if you do get any on the skin it comes off easily, I do this when using the black pigment as its hell to get off :) remember you only need to work with tiny amounts of pigment too. She could possibly try using a little lemon juice to remove it or sterident tablets that are used to clean false teeth in some water and soak them for 5 mins, ive suggested this to clients that have stained there natural nails under enhancements and its worked doing no harm

You can put a tiny amount of vasaline around the fingers using an orangewood stick, so if you do get any on the skin it comes off easily, I do this when using the black pigment as its hell to get off :) remember you only need to work with tiny amounts of pigment too. She could possibly try using a little lemon juice to remove it or sterident tablets that are used to clean false teeth in some water and soak them for 5 mins, ive suggested this to clients that have stained there natural nails under enhancements and its worked doing no harm

Thanks...... Think I'll try the vaseline as I don't want to have to tell my clients they have to clean there fingers at home.....thanks for the tips though.....hopefully geek might come on and let me know where I've been going wrong :hug::hug:

You can apply additives very neatly with a bit of practise and really shouldnt get any on the skin that will stain. But, these are vrery high quality pigments and pigments are pure colour and shouldn't really get on the skin .. If they do, they are going to stain. You are using too much if it is going all over .. Usual problem when new to something; you don't realise how little is needed. Next time use less.

You can apply additives very neatly with a bit of practise and really shouldnt get any on the skin that will stain. But, these are vrery high quality pigments and pigments are pure colour and shouldn't really get on the skin .. If they do, they are going to stain. You are using too much if it is going all over .. Usual problem when new to something; you don't realise how little is needed. Next time use less.

Completely agree, The smallest amount really does go a long way

Thanks geeg! I think I defiently used too much! Was me 1st go on nails! Will defiently use less next time! :) xxx

Great.....thanks for pointing me in the right direction......think I was applying as I would glitter so way too much.......will have a go on hubby in the morning....note to self additives less is more :)

Great.....thanks for pointing me in the right direction......think I was applying as I would glitter so way too much.......will have a go on hubby in the morning....note to self additives less is more :)
I was doing the same sort of 'packing it on' xxx

You lightly stipple small amounts onto the surface of the tacky layer of Shellac ... and you should see little to no dust at all if you have used the correct amount.

If you want to deepen the colour in certain areas, then go over again with a tiny bit more in the area you want ... This of course is how you get the ombré effect ... Then a light dust of with a soft brush to remove any excess and then Shellac Top Coat.

I had my first play with my Additives yesterday. I'm really disappointed with how these turned out and definitely need more practise with them :( Anyway, here they are....

Attachments

• 185399_344517688968807_1343081294_n.jpg
    185399_344517688968807_1343081294_n.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 561
  • 419920_344517775635465_2134888682_n.jpg
    419920_344517775635465_2134888682_n.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 525
  • 427237_344517368968839_386510074_n.jpg
    427237_344517368968839_386510074_n.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 525
  • 542412_344517568968819_749612252_n.jpg
    542412_344517568968819_749612252_n.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 495
Unless you really 'get it'. You will be floundering in the dark without a class or without following what others have done in the additives group until you find your own inspiration ..

Claire, you look like you need a direction. Sitting and daubing is not he best way to find it :hug: try a simple ombré first ... Different color combinations ... Then you will start to find a direction. Until you get the simple techniques, you won't get the more complicated ones. You look like you are brushing and not stippling.

Latest posts

Back