CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley Blakemore

The Beauty Room
Reaction score
I have just been doing some research into the additives and I have to have them now! Which ones are a good starting kit? Also my sister wants me to do the ombré nails so would you do the shellac colour and use one colour additive to fade or use creme puff all over and use two colours in additives, to create a good fade!? I tried it ages ago using shellac and a sponge but it looked too thick and additives look much easier to achieve this look!

Additives are much easier to create an ombré nail.

It's also much quicker and easier for me to direct you to some good people to watch how to achieve it then trying to write it!! :lol:

Google
Jeni smith you tube
Devine by design you tube
Fingernailfixer you tube

Watch their videos and you will see all sorts of techniques and ideas with additives etc.

Thanks Greg, yes iv been watching fingernail fixer...I can't believe I wasted my time with the sponge when I could of used the additives! I have just done a sweet squared order, oh well time to do another one!

Get a load of colour pops and have a play...you'll discover and develop your own ideas/ style.

There's no limit with what you can do with additives. ;)

I'm going to order some too next week! Exciting!

This is lazy but is there a thread on colour combinations for shellac/additives? I need some inspiration!

Personally I think the Charmed Collection is just BEAutiful!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384467830.593061.jpg this is lilac longing with haute pink additive

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384467927.408858.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384467949.009797.jpg

First on is tropix with haute pink , second is pink bikini with red additive

Ah there tiny sorry ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384468086.126111.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384468107.510131.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384468949.175519.jpg

Midnight swim with green gold sparkle additive, so so easy to do, takes 5 minutes.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384468994.276753.jpg
The gold is additives & the stripes :)

Blue heaven additive over Dark Dahlia

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1384475684796.jpg
    1384475684796.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 385
e5any2a9.jpg
erevabaz.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Lovely! My sister wants dark green with light shimmer green ombré so was thinking serene green with a pale green additive, I love doing her nails because she's up for anything and always loves bright colours or lots of bling, last christmas I did sculptured acrylics with each tip a different glitter colour mirror imaged the other hand. Can't wait to do the green this year!

Any pics of the new additives? Dying to see them all on & the different combinations :)

Lovely! My sister wants dark green with light shimmer green ombré so was thinking serene green with a pale green additive, I love doing her nails because she's up for anything and always loves bright colours or lots of bling, last christmas I did sculptured acrylics with each tip a different glitter colour mirror imaged the other hand. Can't wait to do the green this year!

I'd go for Serene Green or Pretty Poison with Green Gold Sparkle, it'll look lovely xx

Last edited:
Any pics of the new additives? Dying to see them all on & the different combinations :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386662958.507968.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386662982.758452.jpg

Here's a few I did, that is amethyst flash, desert chameleon and denim geode on the fingers

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386664267.016882.jpg

This is Emerald Mirage over Iced Cappuccino xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

That emerald one is gorgeous over purple purple too (going to put it on my toes later) that is second from right on the bottom half of my colour wheel pic 💚

That emerald one is gorgeous over purple purple too (going to put it on my toes later) that is second from right on the bottom half of my colour wheel pic 💚

Ooh love!!!!! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back