Cnd ~ base and top coats

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I use Toughen up for clients that have nail problems i.e thin nail beds, easily split and chip, this product is actually a treatment so i am not just applying a base im actually treating thier nails at the same time, i also retail this product for clients that come to me with either damaged nails from previous treatments or natural nail clients with chipping and breaking problems. Sticky is a great base coat for clients with good nail plates and it does exactly what it says on the bottle...... its sticks the enamel right where you put it!!! as for the top coats Airdry and Speedy are great top coats with super fast drying time but a little less shine... i love Super shiney (takes a little longer to dry), but gives a great finish.... i suggest the solar speed spray to make it dry that little faster...HTH...:D

Well, base coat wise, I'd honestly reccommend having a bottle of each in, and using what is most suiitable for the clients nails. And to boot, I would also carry a bottle of Ridge out, as I probably use more of that on toes than either of the other base coats.

And as far as top coat is concerned I use more Shiney than anything else, but I do have Super Matte for male manicures (which I cannot believe how long it lasts.....I've seen it not chip for over two weeks, although it does o slightly shinier lol) which I do the occasional one of, and I actually use Heat Dry occasionally as well, if I want to speed things up (I use my minx lamp to dry it)

Hi All,

I'm currently browsing on Sweet Squared:Love:for a base and top coat and I want one that stops the chipping and peeling.

I am currently debating "Stickey" -v- "Toughen Up" for the base coat and "Super Shiney -v- "Super Matte"

Which do you recommend?

Hi

I use stickey for the base coat as this helps the nail varnish adhere and stops staining, toughen up I think is for natural nails that need extra strength. I personally love super shiney as this is such a lovely top coat, i use it over enhancements and polish and natural nails. I dont use the Matte one but think that it is personal preference, some clients prefer shiney some prefer matte. And of course there is the new effects polish, this can be used as a topcoat over anything, i love the look of these. Hope that this helps.

Hi

I use stickey for the base coat as this helps the nail varnish adhere and stops staining, toughen up I think is for natural nails that need extra strength. I personally love super shiney as this is such a lovely top coat, i use it over enhancements and polish and natural nails. I dont use the Matte one but think that it is personal preference, some clients prefer shiney some prefer matte. And of course there is the new effects polish, this can be used as a topcoat over anything, i love the look of these. Hope that this helps.

Thank you. x

Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back