CND Enhancement systems, timings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loubilicious

Reaction score
Ok Geeks, I need to dramatically cut my timings down and was wondering if you lovely geeks could give me a breakdown of how long each step takes when you are applying a new set and rebalancing with both L&P and Brisa, so I can see what I'm aiming for for each step, prep, application finishing etc.

I have to admit it's getting me down a bit that I'm so slow.

Thank you, Lou x

Ok Geeks, I need to dramatically cut my timings down and was wondering if you lovely geeks could give me a breakdown of how long each step takes when you are applying a new set and rebalancing with both L&P and Brisa, so I can see what I'm aiming for for each step, prep, application finishing etc.

I have to admit it's getting me down a bit that I'm so slow.

Thank you, Lou x

I think you should look more at what you are doing that is slowing you down rather than what your timings for each stage should be.

Why don't you tell us what YOUR timings are for each stage of YOUR application?

Take a look at what is slowing you down. I can tell you some things that generally slow people down. We all know:
talking too much.
Using too many different files and implements.
Continually stopping what you are doing to brush off and to inspect what you have done instead of just getting on with it!
Not having a set routine for each stage of both PREP, application and finishing.
Generally just doing everything too slowly and deliberately when you should perhaps know where you are goiing by now and have enough control of your files and implements and brushes etc to do the same job but faster.

Put yourself under pressure. Book two clients back to back and concentrate on what you are doing to get through the job in that time. We all know that if we've got 2 hours we'll take 2 hours amd if we've got 1 hour then we go into another gear and do the job in one hour ... because we have to. If you don't HAVE to .. you don't.

How many clients have you got and how do you book them?

Thank you for your reply Gigi,

I only have a small number of clients, so aren't getting the amount of practice. I don't know if I'm expecting too much too soon, but on the other hand even my prep is taking too long as even Shellac takes me ages.

I have 3 enhancement clients, 2 of them have just had their 3rd rebalance and 1 of them it was her 1st appointment today, her nails and surrounding skin were in quite bad condition and her nails were fan shaped, including the consultation it took me 3 and 1/4 hours!!! And I wasn't happy with the result at all......in fact I can't wait to rebalance them in the hope I'll make a better job!! (she was very happy with them though!!) I could quite easily cry today.

I think you're right that generally I'm taking too long over everything and constantly checking what I'm doing. I do use the least amount of files/tools possible as that was one of the things that Fee and Kelly spoke about during training. When finishing I use only my blizzard board, but I do keep checking for shiny spots to see if I have a dip in my application.

Me next rebalance is booked for 13th July, so I will time my steps.

I sometimes wonder whether nails are perhaps not for me, I get so down when I'm not happy with them. But then I am determined not to let it beat me, I do enjoy it and love it when I do turn out a nice looking set.

I don't know if I'd dare book someone in back to back, as I really aren't confident that I would finish in time, even if I was under that pressure. Plus I am in pain with carpal tunnel after one set, so to do more than one set of enhancements per day would put me in a lot of pain.

Thank you for your reply Gigi,

I only have a small number of clients, so aren't getting the amount of practice. I don't know if I'm expecting too much too soon, but on the other hand even my prep is taking too long as even Shellac takes me ages.

I have 3 enhancement clients, 2 of them have just had their 3rd rebalance and 1 of them it was her 1st appointment today, her nails and surrounding skin were in quite bad condition and her nails were fan shaped, including the consultation it took me 3 and 1/4 hours!!! And I wasn't happy with the result at all......in fact I can't wait to rebalance them in the hope I'll make a better job!! (she was very happy with them though!!) I could quite easily cry today.

I think you're right that generally I'm taking too long over everything and constantly checking what I'm doing. I do use the least amount of files/tools possible as that was one of the things that Fee and Kelly spoke about during training. When finishing I use only my blizzard board, but I do keep checking for shiny spots to see if I have a dip in my application.

Me next rebalance is booked for 13th July, so I will time my steps.

I sometimes wonder whether nails are perhaps not for me, I get so down when I'm not happy with them. But then I am determined not to let it beat me, I do enjoy it and love it when I do turn out a nice looking set.

I don't know if I'd dare book someone in back to back, as I really aren't confident that I would finish in time, even if I was under that pressure. Plus I am in pain with carpal tunnel after one set, so to do more than one set of enhancements per day would put me in a lot of pain.

I actually can't believe you have carpel tunnel problems after such a short time in the business!

You are just not doing enough cients to get yourself up to speed. Each client is like 'the first time'.

If you are in pain .. hating every minute of working, taking so long to do the job .. maybe nails are not for you. You have to face that quesion yourself.

I don't know what to say at this minute, but if you want to speak to me by pm you know where I AM AND I WILL help you all I can.

Last edited:
Is your carpal tunnel diagnosed? Lots of people throw that term around all willy nilly, and most don't even know what REAL carpal tunnel is.

I used to get discouraged all the time when I first started in nails. It would take me hoooours to finish one set and I still was never happy. I constantly wondered if nails was for me and why I sucked so bad! My attention span was like 0 and I wanted to be done with a set the second I started it. Now I can pump out a set in 60 minutes and I enjoy every single minute of it.

You will never speed up or get enough practice only doing 3 sets a month. If you want to include enhancements in your business, it's time to speed it up and get them done.

Yes I was diagnosed 8 years ago, I also was diagnosed with M.E. 10 years ago so am unable to take on too many clients as my health is extremely unpredictable, I do too much, I'm ill and unable to do anything, simple as that!
But, having said all that I do not want to let these things stop me, I went into nails and beauty as it's something I enjoy and I can work it around my family and my health. Yes I only have the number of clients in a week what others have in a day, but that is, for now, my limit and I either work within that limit or give up altogether....and I'm not a quitter!
I've had some advice from Gigi via pms which I am going to follow up. Which may enable me to do more enhancements. In the mean time I shall keep going and try to identify if there is anything particular which is slowing me down.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back