CND lamp broke!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet Squared won the Best Customer Care 2014 award from Scratch, I think?

God knows how!! I found them very unhelpful and quite annoying. But like I say, I have found a really good supplier and have the personal touch.

Like I say I'm not anti CND but if S2 are having problems with their lamps and are not facing up to their followers then I class that as bad customer service. After my phone call to S2 I knew it wasn't the supplier for me, but that's personal choice.

Last edited:
I had two lamps in 2012 start making horrendous noises (like they were going to blow), S2 did eventually replace them as they were both under 12 months old. Although I were made to feel like I were lying about the noises as it was intermittent, so I had to video it on my phone so they could hear it - I'm sure my client didn't think I were mental with my camera much. I stopped using the lamps after that but have now gone back to them and so far been fine (fingers crossed) 👍

Hi, just thought I would add to this...
My CND UV lamp is 14 months old but still has 71 hours of lamp life left. While a clients hand was in the machine two days ago my lamp crackled and the left side lamp went out. I decided to carry on to complete my clients Shellac manicure but when I put the machine on for another two minutes the upper left lamp went out in the same way. I purchased a whole new set of lamps (over £40) from Ellisons, Birmingham and they came the next day. When I put the lamps in the two on the left would not light up - the problem is with the connectors (as everyone on here seems to be saying). I Collected loads of evidence from Salon Geek and rang my supplier. They of course talked about warranty - mine is out of warranty, but as I said, its not a warranty issue as these lamps obviously have a design fault - some people are even saying that they have had the machine tested and found out what the fault is (resistors, someone said). The customer service were very friendly and the lady checked with a colleague and straight away said I could have a new machine FOC. I also asked her to take back the lamps I had received as I now did not need them. She has arranged for the machine and lamps to be collected. Obviously I will be keeping everything crossed that the same does not happen again. I thought I was going to have to call trading standards...... not this time.

Hi, just thought I would add to this...
My CND UV lamp is 14 months old but still has 71 hours of lamp life left. While a clients hand was in the machine two days ago my lamp crackled and the left side lamp went out. I decided to carry on to complete my clients Shellac manicure but when I put the machine on for another two minutes the upper left lamp went out in the same way. I purchased a whole new set of lamps (over £40) from Ellisons, Birmingham and they came the next day. When I put the lamps in the two on the left would not light up - the problem is with the connectors (as everyone on here seems to be saying). I Collected loads of evidence from Salon Geek and rang my supplier. They of course talked about warranty - mine is out of warranty, but as I said, its not a warranty issue as these lamps obviously have a design fault - some people are even saying that they have had the machine tested and found out what the fault is (resistors, someone said). The customer service were very friendly and the lady checked with a colleague and straight away said I could have a new machine FOC. I also asked her to take back the lamps I had received as I now did not need them. She has arranged for the machine and lamps to be collected. Obviously I will be keeping everything crossed that the same does not happen again. I thought I was going to have to call trading standards...... not this time.

Thank you for sharing as I'm a bag of nerves every time I go to use mine xx

Always have a back up lamp - even if its a cheap one.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi all this feed back on led lamps worries me, I am thinking of changing from UV to LED and am researching the best one to buy as I use OPI soak off axxium colour Gel which I would like to use as well as introducing the Jessica/gelaration range, does anyone have any recommendations on which lamp would work with both products? thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back