CND lamp for Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NourishedNails

Reaction score
Hi,

Before I did my training, I bought a UV lamp from amazon, now 6 months later I need to replace my bulbs I am researching new lamps, the gelish led ones of course look great but the only one that looks perfect is the 18G and I can't justify that at the moment as I do nails part time as I am a full time mum.

SO my question is will the CND lamp be good for use with gelish too?

I find my current lamp is not curing as well as possible and is resulting in the nails not lasting as long so I want to upgrade so I can offer a great service to my clients.

Many thanks xx

as with any brand they always recommend you use there own lamps to ensure full and proper curing of their products.

I cannot comment anymore on that. Each lamp designed by a brand is designed to work specifically for that brand.

Gelish advise that you can use any uv lamp or an led lamp. My CND lamp arrived today as it's the best quality uv lamp out there and I could not afford the 18G and wasn't too fussed as I can't polish quick enough anyway to justify spending the extra xxxx

Gelish advise that you can use any uv lamp or an led lamp. My CND lamp arrived today as it's the best quality uv lamp out there and I could not afford the 18G and wasn't too fussed as I can't polish quick enough anyway to justify spending the extra xxxx

Fab thank you, let me know how you get on :) xx

would the 9 watt lamp be okay to use for nsi glaze n go and how long would i need to leave it for if im using a 9 watt lamp

Fab thank you, let me know how you get on :) xx

I will, if I get time to try it tonight before i go out to do a few tans, if not, then i will definitely be trying it tomorrow as I have clients :) xxx

would the 9 watt lamp be okay to use for nsi glaze n go and how long would i need to leave it for if im using a 9 watt lamp

I don't know what watt the glaze n go recommends xxx

nsi glaze n go has 90 sec curing time but i was thinking should i get a 12 watt lamp and would that be good for curing gelish harmony and my nsi glaze n go??? i am baffled

Gelish requires a 36 watt lamp, usually that is 4 x 9 watt bulbs.

The CND lamp works brilliantly with Gelish, I use 2 and I think my service time is a quick as if I used an 18g LED lamp, and it is nice and comfortable for my clients with 2 lamps.

Gelish requires a 36 watt lamp, usually that is 4 x 9 watt bulbs.

The CND lamp works brilliantly with Gelish, I use 2 and I think my service time is a quick as if I used an 18g LED lamp, and it is nice and comfortable for my clients with 2 lamps.

Yep I use a 36 watt lamp at the moment but it was only a £40 non branded jobby, does have a timer though which I find very helpful. I do think I need to invest in a better lamp. The CND one looks great too.

On my NSI course we used 36 watt lamps so not sure 9watt ones would be suitable?! xx

Last edited:
The CND Lamp works just fine with Gelish and I also use it for Bio - its a brilliant lamp - and the added bonus - if you ever decide to do Shellac then you already have the lamp for it!!

Jo xx

Hi,

Before I did my training, I bought a UV lamp from amazon, now 6 months later I need to replace my bulbs I am researching new lamps, the gelish led ones of course look great but the only one that looks perfect is the 18G and I can't justify that at the moment as I do nails part time as I am a full time mum.

SO my question is will the CND lamp be good for use with gelish too?

I find my current lamp is not curing as well as possible and is resulting in the nails not lasting as long so I want to upgrade so I can offer a great service to my clients.

Many thanks xx

Yes very true :)

Thought my husband thinks I am obsessed with Gelish I think a Shellac obsession too might tip him over the edge ;)

I do think my current lamp is ok but I do notice sometimes when I cleanse after TIO my wipe has colour on which worries me to thinking my lamp isn't curing properly!!

Thanks for the help xx

I do think my current lamp is ok but I do notice sometimes when I cleanse after TIO my wipe has colour on which worries me to thinking my lamp isn't curing properly!!

Thanks for the help xx

This doesn't necessarily mean your lamp isn't curing properly, it can just be a simple miss of topcoat and the color wipes off a bit. Just check your topcoat by shining the light while turning the nail, you will see any little spot that has missed topcoat

This doesn't necessarily mean your lamp isn't curing properly, it can just be a simple miss of topcoat and the color wipes off a bit. Just check your topcoat by shining the light while turning the nail, you will see any little spot that has missed topcoat

Yes I thought it could be that, always seems to be evening when I do nails so not the best light to do it it in!! I can't seem to see any miss bits but I guess it only takes a dot to make it look like a lot on the wipe!

Thank you, will check again next application and see how I get on, before I get one. x

Oh also some are lifting on the nail after only 5 or so days but I am very hard on my nails with getting kids in and out of the car etc!! Not good for the nails. Early lifting can be a sign of not curing properly can't it? x

Oh also some are lifting on the nail after only 5 or so days but I am very hard on my nails with getting kids in and out of the car etc!! Not good for the nails. Early lifting can be a sign of not curing properly can't it? x

Are they lifting on a majority of clients?? If it is just you then it could be handling, application etc. my own nails only last three days before lifting at the free edge yet all my clients last 2weeks or more

Just to let you know... I just painted a few colour pops with my new CND light.... Fab :) not a single scrap of colour on my TIO brush and not a single scrap on my pad after cleansing either :) love it! I'm excited about doing my set tomorrow! I also love the idea that you can take the mani plate out to make more room for pedi :) xxx

Just to let you know... I just painted a few colour pops with my new CND light.... Fab :) not a single scrap of colour on my TIO brush and not a single scrap on my pad after cleansing either :) love it! I'm excited about doing my set tomorrow! I also love the idea that you can take the mani plate out to make more room for pedi :) xxx

Yay!! I am having problems convincing my man I actually need a new one so going to test mine out a lot today!!

xx Have fun with your new toy :)

When I started using Gelish, I was using the CND UV Lamp.

After I got to try the Nail Harmony 18G LED lamp, I have to say, I'm NEVER going back to UV.

The 18G LED cures in 5 sec and 30 sec. This cut down my time almost by half. Really doesn't seem like much, but believe me, it is.

My 18G LEG lamp was barely 100$ more than what I paid for the UV Lamp, totally worth the investment, honestly.

Latest posts

Back