CND lamp problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there is any need to suggest some of us won't have insurance etc that seems a little unfair xx

No you haven't stirred the pot at all and I don't believe anyone is getting heated about it. I'm certainly not. :) it is purely an observation.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know if this would be of any help to anyone, but thought would be worth mentioning:

EU Directive 1999/44/EC states that all European Union member states must allow consumers to make a claim for faulty or misdescribed goods under their consumer rights for a minimum of two years. English law already allows you to make a claim for up to six years from the date you bought the goods and for up to five years in Scotland. Therefore if you buy any goods from any other EU member state, you can assume that you can make a claim for faulty or misdescribed goods for at least two years after.

This is from Trading Standards xx

How does it work when there is only a faulty batch . . It could be just one container load out of 10 as an example. You would need the faulty batch number that would be provided from CND which should correspond with a number on the back of the lamp. However as these are from China the chances are pretty slim and I doubt very much CND have cross referenced every batch number to the consumer. I don't think you would have a hope personally and the chances of recalling every lamp would be asking for a miracle. These are just my thoughts though...I may be wrong.

I don't know if this would be of any help to anyone, but thought would be worth mentioning:

EU Directive 1999/44/EC states that all European Union member states must allow consumers to make a claim for faulty or misdescribed goods under their consumer rights for a minimum of two years. English law already allows you to make a claim for up to six years from the date you bought the goods and for up to five years in Scotland. Therefore if you buy any goods from any other EU member state, you can assume that you can make a claim for faulty or misdescribed goods for at least two years after.

This is from Trading Standards xx

I read somewhere that different rules apply to business to business selling, which is what this is.

I don't think there is any need to suggest some of us won't have insurance etc that seems a little unfair xx

Unfair to us that have it. True for those that don't. Unfortunately it is a fact, whether it offends you to read it or not is neither here nor there. :)

Some probably don't even have insurance to be honest or fire extinguishers or anything else health and safety related

That is so irrelevant to the topic and clearly anyone who is not insured etc. probably doesn't give a jot about all this anyway.

It will be interesting to see if any of these "faulty batch" machines get through their PAT test when they are a year old.

How does it work when there is only a faulty batch . . It could be just one container load out of 10 as an example. You would need the faulty batch number that would be provided from CND which should correspond with a number on the back of the lamp. However as these are from China the chances are pretty slim and I doubt very much CND have cross referenced every batch number to the consumer. I don't think you would have a hope personally and the chances of recalling every lamp would be asking for a miracle. These are just my thoughts though...I may be wrong.

When consumers of a faulty batch cannot be identified, usually a public recall notice, on the distributors website for instance, suffices. It is then up to consumer to identify their purchase as one from the faulty batch.

However, as this is business to business, not sure if the same applies, although it would definitely be helpful to many!

Last edited:
The bulbs have just gone on ny 2nd lamp, I am so annoyed! Mid way through a clients nails and as I didnt realise till near the end ive had to do it as a freebie as I difnt know how long they'll last, the same thing that happened the 1st time :(

The bulbs have just gone on ny 2nd lamp, I am so annoyed! Mid way through a clients nails and as I didnt realise till near the end ive had to do it as a freebie as I difnt know how long they'll last, the same thing that happened the 1st time :(

Oh know that's rubbish, can you tell me how many hours it's showing ? Just out of interest really cause I got a spare lamp and haven't used it much so thinking of using it a bit more to see if it's ok x

Oh know that's rubbish, can you tell me how many hours it's showing ? Just out of interest really cause I got a spare lamp and haven't used it much so thinking of using it a bit more to see if it's ok x

I have only used ten hours but it was making a funny noise! Like it was struggling to warm up, is this normal or a sign? Bought it in October just gone xx

Sorry I've already boxed it up to go back, I was hoping to get it in the post tomorrow but I can't remember what info I need to put with it and s2 are closed :( x

Interesting that the CND ambassador/s haven't commented!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Interesting that the CND ambassador/s haven't commented!

Ha ha ... They have ... On the other 299 threads! I expect they're bored of repeating themselves by now. :)

Ha ha ... They have ... On the other 299 threads! I expect they're bored of repeating themselves by now. :)

I meant Geeg :)

''It will be interesting to see if any of these "faulty batch" machines get through their PAT test when they are a year old.''

Well in reply to this, I had all my equipment PAT tested in April, my CND lamp passed then 3 months later it made sizzling sounds, we smelt burning, 2 bulbs went out in the middle of a Shellac manicure. I was mortified and ended up refunding the client in full as I couldn't guarantee service with half a lamp. My lamp was 2 months out of 1 yr warranty - BUT I am a part-time therapist working on evenings only and I'm currently working just 3 times per week and took 3 months off due to a fracture this year. So actually the usage of my lamp is minimal since I offer a wide variety of beauty treatments not just nails. CND replaced my lamp as a ''gesture of good will but it's out of warranty and my new lamp will have zero warranty''. I don't know if this is legal by trading standards? I began using the new lamp a couple of weeks ago and have had 3 clients complain about chipping and peeling within 4-7 days, including a regular who I've been treating for a year and she usually comes back 3-4 weeks later with her Brisa lite and shellac intact! I am not amused. Ironically, my nails have been in perfect condition 4 weeks later after doing a Shellac mani on myself with my non-CND lamp which I used for gel manicures previously - it was an experiment to see if it would cure shellac in an emergency if I had a repeat performance with new lamp. So I am now faced with a dilemma - I am not paying for another ''new'' lamp which apparently is no guarantee of proper service and not from a faulty batch. Should I use my non-standard lamp which actually works and continue my shellac service given the fact I have over 30 bottles of Shellac, or should I cut my losses and drop it completely as a service or buy another brand with better customer service? The new replacement lamp apparently has not cured anybody's nails effectively as they have all complained. I'm going to have to do my own nails with the lamp and trial it out. What have other people done in a similar situation?

Oh no this is not good news, I just sent a lamp back same situation as you, had 87 hours remaining and 2 bulbs went out mid service, thankfully I have another CND lamp (I say thankfully, could go any day now as it's from the same batch!) S2 told me they would swap the lamp as it was 1 month out of warranty, I was not told the new lamp wouldn't have a warranty, I'm sure they can't say that as it's not legal! I would ring S2 and check this with your one and explain your problem. I asked about my other 2 lamps as I'm concerned as they're from the same batch the same thing will happen, I was told that until they break they can't replace them even though the batch is faulty. I was told if it happens in the next 5 months they could replace but a year later they wouldn't do anything! I have no confidence in my lamps now and worry every time I complete a manicure! I don't understand with such huge faults that they don't recall them so their reputation can be protected. I know so many techs that no longer use CND Shellac because of this lamp issue and how it's been handled. Such a shame. I love CND and did all my training with them through S2 and hope that my loyalty won't go unrecognised if I have further lamp issues. X

Hi, I have had a similar problem with my lamp and there is a person advertising on ebay that repairs them. Search for CND UV LAMP REPAIR. He sorted mine out and now its fine, no one else could help once its out of warranty.

Had two lamps fail with the same problem within a 3 weeks of each other. One side of the lamp stops working. S2 replaced one which was just outside warranty. Wouldn't not do anything at all with the 2nd lamp as it was one and a half years old, very disappointing. (We have had this problem with 4 lamps in total).
My hubby found a person who can repair them on eBay (his wife also has a salon who lots of problems with the lamps). Search for CND lamp repair on eBay. Sent him the one S2 wouldn't help with, repaired fine, back to having two working lamps thank god.
Clearly this a rather major problem for CND and lamps should not be breaking like this.

There are people who will fix your CND lamp for around £35 if you google it, it is a faulty capacitor that goes causing 2 bulbs to not work. My retired electronics engineer friend fixed mine for me so I now have a spare, obviously don't go down this route if it's still under warranty but if like mine it was 3 years old it's well worth it.

Latest posts

Back