CND lamp problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again both CND fail their customers with a total lack of communication over the issue. They didn't learn after the Shellac launch, and they clearly didn't learn with the mess that was the Vinylux launch.

Communicate with us ... Admit a problem and tell us what to do. Be pro-active! Show love and respect rather then just putting it on your email signatures.

Surely it needs the UK distributors to take them to task, they've borne the brunt of the grumbles....

I think the customer service is disgraceful!

How does a company get away with not recalling products on a faulty batch. The faulty lamps are clearly a health and safety hazard.

Is it even legal to not recall these?

I'm not a CND lamp user, but I do wonder where liability would lie if one of these lamps caused a fire or injury. Surely S2/CND would have a hard case to defend when they clearly know the lamps are faulty. I am amazed they haven't been recalled.

After seeing this thread for a while and not reading I have had to today!
Seems like I am having the same problem...
I was just curing my clients nails, lucky the last 2 mins of top coat and the lamp made a cracklings sound and then there was a smell of burning, in a panic I asked the client to remove her hand.
On checking the lamp the 2 left hand side bulbs have blown although the CND machine says the lamps have 60 minutes left!
I am taking it back to Ellison's tomorrow in the hope that they'll replace it!
Very disappointed!! I have only had it since Oct 2013 :(

Wanted to inform you of my update as sometimes good service is over shadowed by bad service!

After writing the above post yesterday I was very concerned that I would either be cancelling clients or paying out for a temp lamp while waiting for a CND replacement! However when I contacted Ellison's at 9:10am this morning, they bent over backward to help me, going out of their way to make arrangements so that I had a replacement CND lamp by 11:45!

Amazing service Ellison's thank you!

And I'd like to add, amazing service from Sweet Squared Dublin about my lamp situation :)

My lamp was brought Dec 2010 only reached 70 hrs, has the same fault as all the recent comments, S2 not interested as it was out of warranty. :( won't be buying another

Has anyone who has experienced problems tried contacting trading standards? Maybe a collective complaint from everyone would force S2 into recalling the faulty lamps?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't understand why they are not being recalled??? As a company they have admitted they are 'a faulty batch' they need to be recalled or are they going to wait for someone to get hurt??

They don't seem to care that it's losing tech customers while they are lamp less or that it could possibly cause harm!!!!

As for it being out of warranty, they know it's faulty, you don't until it goes wrong!!

I'm not a shellac girl but I think all shellac'ers should pull together to get a recall....

Your lamp may not have blown......yet...what if it does when it's out of warranty, you will be out of pocket!! Xx

I'm not convinced it is a faulty batch, as I had the same thing with a lamp I got in 2011 which was a replacement for a faulty one bought in 2010, different problem and Belle de Jour says hers was bought in 2010. I think it's something that's always been a problem its just got worst lately culminating in the last 6 weeks of hell for everyone. I think they don't want to admit it as it would cost to much to put right, especially as there will be a new lamp at some point.

Karaxxx

I'm not convinced it is a faulty batch, as I had the same thing with a lamp I got in 2011 which was a replacement for a faulty one bought in 2010, different problem and Belle de Jour says hers was bought in 2010. I think it's something that's always been a problem its just got worst lately culminating in the last 6 weeks of hell for everyone. I think they don't want to admit it as it would cost to much to put right, especially as there will be a new lamp at some point.

Karaxxx

Hmmm I think you hit the nail on the head there!! I nearly added shellac last year, glad I didn't purely because of their dishonesty!! I think they may have forgotten the love and respect on this particular subject!! Xx

I'm worrying that when I get to 60 hrs on my lamps the same thing will happen. As by that point they will be out of warranty. I've already had one replaced in July (same fault, one side stopped working) but the other is nearly our of warranty.

I am led to believe that if there is a faulty batch, distributor/manufacturer must report it to the governing authorities, at the very least.

I'm worrying that when I get to 60 hrs on my lamps the same thing will happen. As by that point they will be out of warranty. I've already had one replaced in July (same fault, one side stopped working) but the other is nearly our of warranty.

If that was me I would call and say you either want a replacement or extension in warranty, because if it does happen you will be left without a lamp and they won't do anything!! Let's face it it's most likely going to happen and they can't blame you for thinking it xx

Hmmm I think you hit the nail on the head there!! I nearly added shellac last year, glad I didn't purely because of their dishonesty!! I think they may have forgotten the love and respect on this particular subject!! Xx

I nearly added it just after new year and then the faulty lamp threads appeared. "Put off" doesn't even cover it!! Not just because of the lamp, but more the dreadful way they have handled it.

I've had a new client who use to be Shellaced but her therapist couldn't do it for a while because of her broken lamp. I now have a very happy repeat client using a different system. Kerching! :D

Keep it real here . No one is going to be injured from a CND lamp. It's not life threatening! Just unfortunate.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't want to cause a debate or upset anyone, and maybe no harm could come of it, however it's faulty electrics and I wouldn't want to ask my clients to put their hand in something electrical that is possibly from a faulty batch!! I'm just someone who is a worrier that's all... Xx

I don't want to cause a debate or upset anyone, and maybe no harm could come of it, however it's faulty electrics and I wouldn't want to ask my clients to put their hand in something electrical that is possibly from a faulty batch!! I'm just someone who is a worrier that's all... Xx

Ha ha me neither. .. but honestly, how people inadvertently abuse their acetone is more harmful than a CND lamp! This is said as an example not to throw the thread off topic.

Sometimes people frighten themselves for no reason usually by lack of true understanding. It's the price of the lamp and the lack of communication to have this resolved in a timely fashion that has upset most people on here by reading the threads.

Most product recalls are made when there is a threat to life or health. . Food and cars are the most common... I'm still not sure how a CND lamp would affect either. .. the product would have been recalled months ago If this was the case.

It is just unfortunate.

Keep it real here . No one is going to be injured from a CND lamp. It's not life threatening! Just unfortunate.

Most product recalls are made when there is a threat to life or health. . Food and cars are the most common... I'm still not sure how a CND lamp would affect either. .. the product would have been recalled months ago If this was the case.

From what I understand, these lamps are smoking! No smoke without fire as they say :D

I had a house fire a few years ago, it started with a new coffee machine i.e. an electrical fault. I can assure you that the insurance company investigated Krupps (the manufacturer of the machine) to ensure that they were not aware of a pre existing problem. I am sure that if they had found that the company had acknowledged previously that the machines were faulty, the insurance company would have made a claim against them. Many house/business fires start with faulty electrical goods like fridges, lighting, dish washers etc.

To date, as you say, no one has been injured and no fires started, but the risk should not be overlooked or trivialized. In fact, in the event of an accident, I wonder how an insurance company would view a tech who knew (via this site) but still used their lamp knowing it was possibly faulty. I still think CND/S2 are taking a big risk by not recalling.

From what I understand, these lamps are smoking! No smoke without fire as they say :D

I had a house fire a few years ago, it started with a new coffee machine i.e. an electrical fault. I can assure you that the insurance company investigated Krupps (the manufacturer of the machine) to ensure that they were not aware of a pre existing problem. I am sure that if they had found that the company had acknowledged previously that the machines were faulty, the insurance company would have made a claim against them. Many house/business fires start with faulty electrical goods like fridges, lighting, dish washers etc.

To date, as you say, no one has been injured and no fires started, but the risk should not be overlooked or trivialized. In fact, in the event of an accident, I wonder how an insurance company would view a tech who knew (via this site) but still used their lamp knowing it was possibly faulty. I still think CND/S2 are taking a big risk by not recalling.

Why don't people on this thread ( and the 300 other threads of this title) stop complaining and worrying and phone trading standards and see what they have to say? :)

I can't help but say this and is not directly aimed at you or anyone else but the continual moaning and scaremongering about what causes fires, health and safety issues, this lamp issue etc yet no one does a thing about it or even asks the questions to an insurance company or other governing body.... Some probably don't even have insurance to be honest or fire extinguishers or anything else health and safety related ..If I was worried about anything the first thing I would do is find out the facts and move in the correct channels and ask the questions.

I feel like I have caused this and that it's getting heated, which I didn't mean! I wish I hadn't said anything now I don't even have one of these lamps!!

Yes the techs should consult their insurers, which I'm sure they all have. I'm still not in agreement that it couldn't cause harm, but that's just a difference in opinion...

Sorry if I have stirred the pot!! Xx

Latest posts

Back