CND LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Laura,

There is a good chance that the original UV lamps will eventually be discontinued, however we have stocked up on them to ensure continuity of supply. CND will also continue with bulbs for the foreseeable future. We will also make sure we work to keep overstocked on lamps and bulbs to maintain supply for customers that need it.

But you really should be using the Bio Sculpture light for complete cure of their system! :)

My instructions for BioSculpture says that a UV lamp with at least 2 or more 9watt bulbs can be used to cure it. Isn't that what CND's UV lamp is?

My instructions for BioSculpture says that a UV lamp with at least 2 or more 9watt bulbs can be used to cure it. Isn't that what CND's UV lamp is?

I can't really comment on BioSculpture as I haven't ever used it, but would am skeptical (understanding some of the limitations of curing products with UV) that any lamp of any configuration, with any lining and any bulb placement will cure it perfectly (as long as they are 9w bulbs).

Hey Laura,

There is a good chance that the original UV lamps will eventually be discontinued, however we have stocked up on them to ensure continuity of supply. CND will also continue with bulbs for the foreseeable future. We will also make sure we work to keep overstocked on lamps and bulbs to maintain supply for customers that need it.

But you really should be using the Bio Sculpture light for complete cure of their system! :)

Phew! Maybe I will stock up on lots of lamps and bulbs as well!!
I know, if bio sculpture made a 5 finger cure id use it but until they do I'll be sticking with the cnd lamp :)

Also, back when I first started using bio sculpture, I also used shellac. I phoned up BS and the lady on the phone told me she and many others also use the cnd lamp! :o

This looks brill only hope it's not too over priced x

The price is similar to a few sets of UV bulbs.

Which, considering its expected lifespan is longer than I anticipate still doing nails is crazy cheap!

I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it :D

So the light is on sale for $*** with some colors, base and new topcoat. I called for the dimensions (to make sure it would fit in my desk)
L 9.84", W 8.82", H 4.1 " so yes is can fit! And the bottons look like they are facing the clients in the picture. But they face us. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is always the challenge with innovation. But what I love about the approach CND have taken with this situation is that in order to take advantage of the innovation, you do not need to suddenly throw out your old lamp or change over your inventory. You can get the benefits as an when it suits you and your business :)
Do I have this straight?..The New Express top coat CAN be used in our CND UV lamps and we get the benefit of a 5 minute removal of shellac, instead of the 10.????I Sooo hope so ,because this would make me very happy!! My apologies in advance if I've missed something in this thread. I'm feeling a bit silly as I've looked on CND webpage, logged iin...but could only find adescription of Express..via clicking the "Electronic's" link under Products. It showed up at the bottom?.. Not on the main home page?

Last edited:
Do I have this straight?..The New Express top coat CAN be used in our CND UV lamps and we get the benefit of a 5 minute removal of shellac, instead of the 10.????I Sooo hope so ,because this would make me very happy!!

Correct :)

Thanks for the reply........ ........now I'm really, really, really happy and will keep up with the Led technology when my budget allows. Technology does change and I do appreciate CND's quality and their way of transitioning us. Anyone remember VCR's, dial phones?... lol

What date is the new lamp available? 1st of May? The price is showing on the website nowX

Ah brilliant can't wait.Xx

My clients are loving the amazingly awesome new cnd led lamp, saying how comfy it feels, one said it was easy to place her hand and she didn't feel like she was going to knock her nails going into the lamp like she did with the old lamp!!!! Xxxx

Can anyone who gets the new lamp and try's bio sculpture in it let's us know if it cures ok as at the moment i have 2x cnd UV lamps and 2x Bio sculpture LED and would be so much easier to have this new lamp to cure all and take up less space on my nail desk

I would also love to know if other LED gel polishes cure with the new CND lamp? I would never normally mix my systems but it would be so much easier to have one lamp instead of two! Even though i must admit i love my OPI lamp i don't want to get rid of it but i really can't afford to get the new CND light as well :( I have no understanding of the technicalities of the lights but in my head if its combining UV and LED to cure Shellac then surely its output is good enough to cure the OPI Gelcolor too? :confused:

LED purchased today. So ridiculously happy x

I have no understanding of the technicalities of the lights but in my head if its combining UV and LED to cure Shellac then surely its output is good enough to cure the OPI Gelcolor too?

Logic would dictate, unfortunately this is when the technicalities can really make a difference.

Here is a recent thread where that very topic is discussed and debated. There are also some useful links to help you better understand some of the challenges you face intermixing (and why).

Hope that helps you!

LED purchased today. So ridiculously happy x
Me too!!!
I want it delivered now please!! Lol

Will it arrive tomorrow or Tuesday?

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. I've waited too long already ;)

Latest posts

Back