CND natural powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
Hi

I have a client who insists on this colour on the nail bed....only client I use it on. The trouble is, I can't make it stick/last, it always lifts. It's not a length or lifestyle issue...been 'trying' to use it but unsuccessfully for well over a year now.

Prep as usual....got to be a ratio issue....how different is this powder to perfect pink in terms of picking up a bead? I'm sure I'm picking up too dry as I can see 'bits' in it but if I go wetter I loose control of it.

Thanks.

I love natural and use it a lot especially with Popits over natural performance tips (thanks geeg) I haven't had any lifting problems and I use it on one of my VERY heavy handed clients.

Sorry this isn't much help, but I don't see any difference. hope some other geeks can help.

I also use this a lot and very often mix it with glitter instead of clear just to give a slight camouflage to uneven nails. I actually thought it has lasted better on some of my clients than the clear for natural nail overlays.

i am guessing you are right cathie with it being a ratio issue. i tried using my ezflow system alongside my CND but found that i was getting in a right muddle with the ratio's beding different. (i was using cnd for p&w and ezflow for coloured enhancements...not mixing monomers or anything). The Cnd ratio is a bit drier compared to the ezflow wetter ratio thats recommended so when i was using my CND i ended up picking up too wet a bead causing all sorts of problems with workability....so ended up just using the one system. I know you use ezflow...have you tried using their natural.

just a quick question on natural powders...i have tonnes of the stuff......never used it.....what do you use it for???

Hi

I have a client who insists on this colour on the nail bed....only client I use it on. The trouble is, I can't make it stick/last, it always lifts. It's not a length or lifestyle issue...been 'trying' to use it but unsuccessfully for well over a year now.

Prep as usual....got to be a ratio issue....how different is this powder to perfect pink in terms of picking up a bead? I'm sure I'm picking up too dry as I can see 'bits' in it but if I go wetter I loose control of it.

Thanks.

Cathie I would say its a ratio issue, same cnd ratio 1and half part liquid to 1 part powder (as you know!) maybe just have a go at picking up the bead and looking for the texture before you place it ..... leave it for 3 seconds, and then press and guide, the opaque/sheer do feel different, this is because of the pigment in the powder mix, but it is still the same mix ratio , if you are seeing 'bits' when you pick up , its a tad to dry if you feel you are loosing control, let it rest that few seconds to 'set up' what liquid are you using cathie? if you have the need for speed and have a fast 'pick up' and you like working with a firm bead try the powder with moxie that might do the trick xx

x

Last edited:
Cathie I would say its a ratio issue, same cnd ratio 1and half part liquid to 1 part powder (as you know!) maybe just have a go at picking up the bead and looking for the texture before you place it ..... leave it for 3 seconds, and then press and guide, the opaque/sheer do feel different, this is because of the pigment in the powder mix, but it is still the same mix ratio , if you are seeing 'bits' when you pick up , its a tad to dry if you feel you are loosing control, let it rest that few seconds to 'set up' what liquid are you using cathie? if you have the need for speed and have a fast 'pick up' and you like working with a firm bead try the powder with moxie that might do the trick xx

x
Thanks, I'm using Ret+ don't have a problem with it other than with the natural powder and as I'm only using it on one client once a fortnight, it's tricky getting it right as it's not the norm for me and it's so annoying to see them nails come back in such a state.

Client insists on it as she doesn't like pink....she had her nails done for 10 years with another tech prior to me with natural powder and says she never had any issues with it. She is on a lot of meds but she was then too so that can't be the problem.

I'll give it a go with the Moxie and see if that makes any difference.

i am guessing you are right cathie with it being a ratio issue. i tried using my ezflow system alongside my CND but found that i was getting in a right muddle with the ratio's beding different. (i was using cnd for p&w and ezflow for coloured enhancements...not mixing monomers or anything). The Cnd ratio is a bit drier compared to the ezflow wetter ratio thats recommended so when i was using my CND i ended up picking up too wet a bead causing all sorts of problems with workability....so ended up just using the one system. I know you use ezflow...have you tried using their natural.

just a quick question on natural powders...i have tonnes of the stuff......never used it.....what do you use it for???
Hi Sian in the main, I'm using CND in the salon except for colour work, it did take some time to adjust my ratio for regular pink and white work but got there in the end! You're so right, it takes time to readjust to a different product and you encounter problems along the way, I wouldn't be so gallus as to say the transition was perfect lol!

This client likes natural on her nail beds for her own reasons, says her beds are pink enough and pink makes them too pink lol and won't even let me give it a whirl with pink for longevity reasons. That's a whole other story and if I told you, you wouldn't believe!

Thanks for the help guys xxx

I use natural just the same as pink....I dont find any difference....A lot of my clients like natural all over....

Latest posts

Back