CND new Super Shiny going cloudy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notsonewgeek

Lisa x
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? I have been using the new SS as a top coat but with other makes of enamel ie. Essie and OPI clients have been getting 'cloudy' white areas.

I do realise that the recommendation is to use the same make throughout but used to use the old formula SS with no problems. :sad:

Yes!!!!! I can't understand whats causing it and it seems to appear by the following morning!

I have had this happen now once on a client ,on my mother inlaw ( on natural nails) and on me!! but it does disapear,really strange and this has happened on acrylics buffed and with sticky undercoat no colour involved, can any expert shine a light??

I shall ask Dr Dave & Doug!

Thanks. I hasn't disappeared on my enamelled clients tho :cry:

I used to use my air dry on top of calgel colour, but got the new formula bottle and it started lifting off?? old one was fine so having to use calgel topcoat which takes ages to dry......... lol xx

From Doug Schoon.

If this is “happening”, then someone should be able to get a photo.

If this “happened” we need to either be able to see it or reproduce the effect - preferably both.

Which colors is it happening over? Can you send us the products involved and a polished tip that shows the problem?

Then we have something to go on.

Doug :!:

As I said in my post it is happening over just sticky base and super shiney and "no" colour it does'nt happen everytime and is more like "A" cloud in the finish rather than a milky effect. I also used the solar speed dryer after as always if that helps, I wondered if that was the problem and not the topcoat and it didn't happen at the time but later on it appeared and took about a day to go but it did go!!

Yes, think this has happened to me as well. On a friend and my mum. I applied super shiny over buffed acrylic after finishing their nails. Told them not to touch anything while it dried, then noticed a few minutes later, some white marks on some of the nails, but not all. The only way I can describe it, is that it looked a bit like icing from a cake had touched the nail. The first time it happened I removed the top coat and reapplied. But it has happened a couple of times since and I've just buffed the marks off, which seems to work. I thought perhaps they had touched the nail on something to make the mark, but must admit it did seem a bit odd. Will try and get photo if it happens again.

Thanks Sam/Doug
I'll try and replicate this on me and get some pics. I'll try both OPI and Essie with SS and hopefully something will appear if only to try and figure this out.

x

Latest posts

Back