CND Nourishing Remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe that you're not charging for removal!

I am charging for removal, if no new set then £10 or they can buy the tube, if having new set and removal then £28.00, I charges £22 for shellac as round here people are charging between £15 and £25

I can't believe that you're not charging for removal!

I don't charge for removal with reapplication either... my clients would probably pick it off or try and remove it themselves with tin foil, cotton wool and nail varnish remover! It encourages them to come back and have it removed PROPERLY and SAFELY.

I wish I could charge, though. Still, I have factored the removal costs into my overall price so I suppose it's not that bad.

xxx

I'm not charging for removal because when I did people would take it off themselves. I don't use the cnd wraps, I use the magis ones because I just can't justify why I should pay 10 x the price for something that does the job exactly the same. I have tried the wraps and found them quite fiddly.

Also the new remover is much better for the nails so I can justify that x

I'm not charging for removal because when I did people would take it off themselves. I don't use the cnd wraps, I use the magis ones because I just can't justify why I should pay 10 x the price for something that does the job exactly the same. I have tried the wraps and found them quite fiddly.

Also the new remover is much better for the nails so I can justify that x

You know, I think I will try the magis ones next time I get an order. Because the CND ones are really expensive and if they remove the shellac just as well then I may just switch.

I love the new shellac remover & the smell is fab! One of my clients said you could drink it, it smells like a cocktail LOL!! I purchased the Vamoos foam pads to place on to foil squares but I don't like them tbh, I find the sticky glue melts with the remover & the client ends up with sticky residue all over her nails, yuck! I also find it doesn't fit closely to the finger, so can take longer to allow the shellac to lift. I think I will go back to what I used before!!

I love the new shellac remover & the smell is fab! One of my clients said you could drink it, it smells like a cocktail LOL!! I purchased the Vamoos foam pads to place on to foil squares but I don't like them tbh, I find the sticky glue melts with the remover & the client ends up with sticky residue all over her nails, yuck! I also find it doesn't fit closely to the finger, so can take longer to allow the shellac to lift. I think I will go back to what I used before!!

Could I ask what you used before? I'm in a wrap dilemma at the moment. I do have a pack of CND ones which are disappearing fast and as professional as I think they are, I do think that the cost is more than I can swallow at the moment and I and use them on toes anyway. I've looked and magis and vamoos and just foil and cotton and just can't decide!! :) x

I use Magis. They're quick, easy and cost effective. I find them easier to use than the CND ones!

I use Magis. They're quick, easy and cost effective. I find them easier to use than the CND ones!

Thank you :) I think most of the answers I have had are in favour of Magis. Do you buy finger and toe ones or just finger? Also, are the pads stuck to the foil? I do believe one lady mentioned that lots of hers were not stuck down. I guess I simply have to give them a try! Thanks again x

I buy finger an toe ones, they are different sizes and yes the cotton pads are already attached.

Yes I am going for Magis on my next order too! I was using ready cut foils with lint pads which I cut to shape & they are better than what I am using presently.

Don't know if it's just me but I just can't get on with foil. I much prefer the CND wraps and so do my clients. I've also tried the graham wotsit thingymajigs (sorry I will come back to edit as I can't remember the name) but they're like little tubigrip wraps that stick to themselves. I can get these in Sally's and cost the same as the CND ones but are handy for emergency wraps when I've run out of my CND ones.

But on the whole, having tried pretty much every removal method now, CND wraps and the new remover are my favourite :)

I charge £22 for Shellac which includes removal at a re shellac appointment. Otherwise it's £15 for just removal. I'm not considering adjusting my prices because the new remover is slightly more expensive at the moment but may increase prices slightly next September

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I've tried all the wraps there are too, and I only now use CND remover wraps ... They are by far the quickest and the most convenient for me.

Those who say they are too fiddly to apply have quite frankly, given up way too quickly ... I can whip those babies on in no time and they don't dry out and they don't leak and are the most efficient in every way IMHO. It only takes a method and voila, simple to apply.

The cnd wraps may cost more but they do the job quickly and without mess & faff. They are easy to put on (took a bit of getting used to but now they are easy peasy)
And the way I see it is they have the CND logo on them which matches everything else in my shellac kit so when I go to do a clients shellac they can see that I am using all the correct products and equipment. People always comment on how clever they are. And I think they look nicer. But that's just my opinion.
Plus I find foil uncomfortable.
Xx

The cnd wraps may cost more but they do the job quickly and without mess & faff. They are easy to put on (took a bit of getting used to but now they are easy peasy)
And the way I see it is they have the CND logo on them which matches everything else in my shellac kit so when I go to do a clients shellac they can see that I am using all the correct products and equipment. People always comment on how clever they are. And I think they look nicer. But that's just my opinion.
Plus I find foil uncomfortable.
Xx

I do have to agree wholeheartedly as I love the CND wraps but my concern is with toes, not fingers. I shall be continuing to buy the wraps for fingers as and when cash flow allows but do want something more professional looking than my home made cotton and foil for toes which is why I'm certainly keen to hear everyone's thoughts on the other options out there such as magis and vamoos. :) xx

I do have to agree wholeheartedly as I love the CND wraps but my concern is with toes, not fingers. I shall be continuing to buy the wraps for fingers as and when cash flow allows but do want something more professional looking than my home made cotton and foil for toes which is why I'm certainly keen to hear everyone's thoughts on the other options out there such as magis and vamoos. :) xx

The best way to do toes is to wrap the big toe in a CND Wrap then take 2 or 3 cotton pads soak in CND Remover place over the last 4 toes then take a strip of tin foil long enough to cover all 4 toes and wrap them all at the same time.
This works perfectly and no fiddly wrapping :)

I did my toes today nada did it exactly as Klassy Klaws said, used a CND wrap on my big toe and then cut round flat cotton pads in half and wrapped all 4 toes in foil, 10 mins later removed and done. Loads easier than wrapping each toe in foil as I was doing before.

The best way to do toes is to wrap the big toe in a CND Wrap then take 2 or 3 cotton pads soak in CND Remover place over the last 4 toes then take a strip of tin foil long enough to cover all 4 toes and wrap them all at the same time.
This works perfectly and no fiddly wrapping :)

Ah yes of course! Someone else did post fingernail fixer's video (with the toes wrapped all at once) when I commented in another thread. I do find sometimes that the CND wraps aren't big enough for the big toe so I simply must give this 'all in one' wrapping a try. Thank you for the reminder! x

I am half way through my first bottle of the new CND remover and have to say, I LOVE it. It smells so fresh, how on earth can it have acetone in?! It just adds something extra to my treatment and is kinder to my clients (and my own) nails. As for the wraps, hmm I love the CND ones, they are so much more neater and more professional looking. They seem to work faster than the foil ones (is it because they are designed to 'hug' the nail plate better?) I personally don't find them fiddly at all. But like many have said its the price that makes me doubt. So when it comes to my next order, I am, still not decided.

I don't know if they are available where you are, but I find that Graham HandsDown wraps are the best. They are like a surgical bandage with a pad attached. They wrap tightly and really maintain the solution on the nail. They look professional and the client still has a lot of mobility to read a book or magazine. I also use them with a microwaveable heating pad and in 8 minutes, the polish is sliding off completely.

Latest posts

Back