CND, NSI, Young Nails,Minx etc. Blocked on ebay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im still finding loads of pages, people are still managing to bid on them, im in uk so using ebay.co.uk, will this maybe be why? :irked:

Hi I had a look to and dont get the message, also there is Young nail products, Nsi, Bio-sculpture and Calgel as well as CND and all other nail products. The worst of it is someone is selling NSI and CND not in the proper containers but in plastic containers to save buyers money unbelievable, seller info *** links removed ** for Young Nails, Calgel,CND and NSI there is more sellers if you do a search on ebay this is just a few. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I had a look to and dont get the message, also there is Young nail products, Nsi, Bio-sculpture and Calgel as well as CND and all other nail products. The worst of it is someone is selling NSI and CND not in the proper containers but in plastic containers to save buyers money unbelievable, seller info ** links removed ** for Young Nails, Calgel,CND and NSI there is more sellers if you do a search on ebay this is just a few. :eek:

Thanks for the links to examples of sellers, having searched all their listings all I could find for Young Nails Products was 1 DVD & 2 pots of gel, NSI products seemed to be all small sample "try me" type sizes??

I am in no way affiliated to either company but maybe members here who are with Youngs & NSI can tell us how they semi sucessfully manage to prevent their wholesale size products from flooding this "unauthorised" market??

I wholeheartedly agree that this stuff should not be out the for all and sundry to buy, but there has to be a rational explanation as to how it all gets there, it can't all be fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi wg19, Yes I agree its wierd tho because they are obvioulsy nail techs to have the items to sell in the first place, am pretty sure not all items are stolen, but I know one company from the list that sell to untrained nail techs and it is discussed on another training site, which has made me stop trading with them and to do a conversion with CND, as I dont think it is professional to sell to untrained techs, in the end these people dont have a clue how to use the product properly, so to me that isn't going to do the company any good in the long run, but that of course is up to them who they sell to. :eek::)

Last edited:
I am not sure what you mean by a screenshot but this is the page copied and pasted if this helps at all. I wish I had never mentioned it now! There are still lots of listings and everything looks like normal but as soon as I click on the listing this is what I am getting for CND, NSI, Young Nails etc. :) I am on a Mac and use Opera as my thingy, whatever it is called! Ha ah ha!!! :)

Categories Christmas Deals

Advanced Search
Buy Sell My eBay Community Help

Unfortunately, access to this particular listing or item has been blocked due to a Paris commercial court decision that bans trade of certain authentic perfumes and cosmetic products on eBay because of French selective distribution laws. eBay is appealing this ruling but is nevertheless required to enforce it. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to comply with this court decision. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of the decision because of limitations on existing technology.

About eBay | Announcements | Safety Centre | Partner Centre | VeRO: Protecting Intellectual Property | Policies | Feedback Forum | Site Map | Help

Copyright © 1995-2009 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
eBay official time

Thanks Shedunlop - looks like eBay thinks you're browsing from France. It is less 'French specific' and more EU specific. eBay are finally starting to be held to account for acting as a France for illegal and counterfeit goods.

@wg19: It has nothing to do with manufacturer control in the slightest. It has to do with market demand. If a brand isn't in demand, you won't see it there. When brands get popular, parasitic opportunists try to make a quick buck off eBay, often illegally. The recent ruling in France in favour of LV and the earlier (and much larger) ruling in their favour is finally starting to hold eBay accountable. eBay cannot continue to be allowed to plead ignorance, nor pretend to protect consumer rights when the reality is they just want to take a cut from sales regardless of the legality or legitimacy of the transaction.

Thanks Shedunlop - looks like eBay thinks you're browsing from France. It is less 'French specific' and more EU specific. eBay are finally starting to be held to account for acting as a France for illegal and counterfeit goods.

@wg19: It has nothing to do with manufacturer control in the slightest. It has to do with market demand. If a brand isn't in demand, you won't see it there. When brands get popular, parasitic opportunists try to make a quick buck off eBay, often illegally. The recent ruling in France in favour of LV and the earlier (and much larger) ruling in their favour is finally starting to hold eBay accountable. eBay cannot continue to be allowed to plead ignorance, nor pretend to protect consumer rights when the reality is they just want to take a cut from sales regardless of the legality or legitimacy of the transaction.

Thanks for your reply, I guess my next question then is how are these parasitic opportunists getting their hands on the products? By illegally do you mean theft ?

I've just bought some minx chrome, thanks very much!

I've just looked on ebay to and no message but if they get this sorted out this is really good news

Thanks for your reply, I guess my next question then is how are these parasitic opportunists getting their hands on the products? By illegally do you mean theft ?

Mostly through grey market. Importing products into the EU for redistribution without approval from the IP owners is illegal. They then ship these diverted products into the EU via illegal methods (i.e. flammables through post), often mis-declare to avoid paying tax and then ship flammables to purchasers via royal mail. Thats like sending petrol bombs through the post.

Supporting diversion seriously damages the industry. While the legitimate distributors do everything 'by the book' and invest in jobs, education, marketing, pr, brand building, support, event, etc... divertors simply cash in on that and laugh all the way to the bank. Because of this, legit companies have less and less to invest in jobs, education, marketing, pr, brand building, support, events, etc...

Latest posts

Back