CND, NSI, Young Nails,Minx etc. Blocked on ebay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shedunlop

Premium Geek
Reaction score
I don't know if you all know but ebay have blocked all CND, NSI, Young Nails,Minx etc. You will still find them listed for sale but when you click on them a message pops up about a court ruling in Paris. At last something is being done about this situation. I can see a lot of very unhappy people out there! :)

Yay - that is fantastic news.

Woo hoo!! And a lot of happy professionals!! At long last!
Posted via Mobile Device

I just had to check and I dont understand what message you are talking about but I was just able to "buy" Minx and CND stuff without any issues - I didnt click the commit to buy though LOL.

I know this should really be a blog but I thought more people would see it here so I hope no-one minds! Merry Christmas! :)

I have gone through lots of stuff under all these brands and here is the message I get copy and pasted!

Unfortunately, access to this particular listing or item has been blocked due to a Paris commercial court decision that bans trade of certain authentic perfumes and cosmetic products on eBay because of French selective distribution laws. eBay is appealing this ruling but is nevertheless required to enforce it. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to comply with this court decision. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of the decision because of limitations on existing technology.

What is going on? lol:)

That is fabulous! Thanks for sharing the good news :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds good to me. I told YOU ALL that we were tackling ebay insted of individual sellers ............. lets hope their appeal falls on deaf ears.

Thanks to all who are working on behalf of the professionals.

excellent news. this is a good move for everyone. if they cant get rid of it on ebay then maybe they wont try stealing it from salons..........

lets hope that the ban stays.!

WOW this is the best news ever.

I hope that an international sentence can help with local internet shops also, right now there are at least 3 places in denmark where you can buy CND etc. At least it'll be easier to stop the sellers if they buy form local distributor.

But this is such a huge step!!!! :hug:

Great news I just had a look and I am gob smacked at the pages of professional products available its just criminal lets hope the courts are successful and it sets a precedence for other countries.

Thanks for posting this! From Paris? I guess fashion week paid off! Alexander McQueen does have some pull after all.

That sounds fantastic - but sadly, I have just looked and no message pops up for me?

same as!!!! .... ive looked and im still able to buy .. not sure whats going on ?? ...

I don't dare press commit to buy:eek: so don't know if the message comes after that...

I am still getting the message and can't get past the first page with the listings on I get it way before the commit to buy button appears, I can't even bid or buy it now. Have just tried again tonight so I am not sure what is happening?

Ebay could still get in trouble if they haven't blocked everyone. That would be such a shame wouldn't it? :)

Wonder if that would apply to the U.S. as well? But so much is sold here through stores that have "salons" in them, with no staff to work in the salon part, so I wonder if shutting down Ebay sales would make that much difference.

Ive just tried and i dont get a messaage either sorry for the bad news x

Im very aware of the ruling you are citing, however I am not seeing the message. Can you take a screenshot and post it?

Trawling throiugh ebay after reading the initial post on this thread, I can buy anything should I choose to do so, so not sure where you are coming from?!

From searching auction sites for so called "top" named brands as far as I can see it's hats off to Young Nails who seem to be the only company that does not distribute it's product (as far as I can tell) through multi wholesalers & appears to have a far tighter grip on where it's branded product is sold (ie not through multiple wholesalers), all down to company profits at the end of the day I guess, as a result it's products it seems do not seem to be easily avaiable to people who are willing to sell to anyone & everyone on auction sites. A close second comes NSI, compared to other 'major' brands considering it's popularity this brand also sems to be less readily avaiable on aution sites.

At the end of the day I think a large proportion of "blame" if you choose to call it that lies at the door of product manufaturers that allow their product to be sold through multi outlets, allowing for more 'leaks'!

Latest posts

Back