CND Precision curette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooh8bear

Reaction score
In all the pictures of the Precision curette in CND catalouge & Ellisons it is straight.
I have just ordered mine & it has a kink in the end with the hole in?

Is that correct & why?

It's normal. Mine has a little kink/curve at that end as well and so did all the others I have seen while training.

Sam xx

Oh, any idea why it's different than the picture?
Do you think it helps being curved?

No idea if it helps as it is the only curette I have ever used, so nothing to compare it to. It looks the same as the picture in my S2 catalog, so can't help there ethier.

One thing I will say, is I LOVE my curette and won't be without it. You will be amazed how much cuticle you get off with it (and maybe a bit grossed out too LOL)

Sam xx

Where can I buy it?

I was shocked when mine arrived because in the picture it was straight.

I'm really struggling with how to use the curette... I watched the FingerNailFixer video about cuticle removal and she has a straight one too!! So I have only used it twice, I thought about getting the pliers out because I'm so awkward with it :sad:

I too was confused when mine arrived but I have now gotten used to it and its a fab tool, keep going! Youll get there :)

I was shocked when mine arrived because in the picture it was straight.

I'm really struggling with how to use the curette... I watched the FingerNailFixer video about cuticle removal and she has a straight one too!! So I have only used it twice, I thought about getting the pliers out because I'm so awkward with it :sad:

So do exactly that Hun and gently straighten it. I did because I couldn't work with the kink either. However once I carefully straightened it out it ismthe best curette on the Market bar none. Xxxxx

So do exactly that Hun and gently straighten it. I did because I couldn't work with the kink either. However once I carefully straightened it out it ismthe best curette on the Market bar none. Xxxxx

I've just been using the smaller end, which is already straight, so might try this. If it snaps on me K-Nails I'll be paying you a virtual visit :lol::lol::lol:

No idea if it helps as it is the only curette I have ever used, so nothing to compare it to. It looks the same as the picture in my S2 catalog, so can't help there ethier.

One thing I will say, is I LOVE my curette and won't be without it. You will be amazed how much cuticle you get off with it (and maybe a bit grossed out too LOL)

Sam xx

Can you explain how you hold your curette please? How is your hand positioned and how is your hand on the curette? Sorry for the silly question but i feel like i am not getting the best out of my tool!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

I've just been using the smaller end, which is already straight, so might try this. If it snaps on me K-Nails I'll be paying you a virtual visit :lol::lol::lol:

Hehe I might have to virtually disappear lol. No it should be fine mine was xxx

Can you explain how you hold your curette please? How is your hand positioned and how is your hand on the curette? Sorry for the silly question but i feel like i am not getting the best out of my tool!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

I'll do my best. I hold mine pretty much how I would hold a pen but more angled so the other end of the curette is resting on the skin between my thumb and forfinger. Also mt fingers are straighter than when holding a pen, more streched out. I place the spoon end flat on the nail plate up in the left hand corner and work away the cuticle down the left side wall, then more over the nail and back down the right side wall. I use it as I would a file and use my arm, not my wrist, to angle the curette as I use it to keep in flat on the nail plate. I then quiclky go back over the nail with the smaller end to make sure I have got all the little bits of cuticle etc.

Sometimes if I'm having problems getting into the right corner, I'll switch the curette to my left hand. I find it helps me to pull the curette towards me, rather then working it away from me.

Hope that makes sences and helps.

Sam xxx

Do you know whether we can still get the straight one any where?

I was told during some training that you don't use the angled/scoop, it's just there because it's actually a dental tool that has been adopted for nails! I'm thinking this may not be correct...

I was told during some training that you don't use the angled/scoop, it's just there because it's actually a dental tool that has been adopted for nails! I'm thinking this may not be correct...

Then why did they change from the straight one which I was told was in the older CND catalogue?

Someone (sorry can't remember who)mentioned about straightening the kink in the curette... how did you straighten yours, did you heat it up first before bending it straight?

Someone (sorry can't remember who)mentioned about straightening the kink in the curette... how did you straighten yours, did you heat it up first before bending it straight?

Hi pooh bear

It was me k-nails. I straightened mine with a pair of pliers. I probably shouldn't have but I couldn't work with the kink and the angle. I literally just straightened it bit by bit with pliers until I felt comfortable with it.

Just do it carefully. If I bought another one I would do exactly the same thing again xxx

Latest posts

Back