CND Shellac nails actual colours-I'll show you mine if you show me yours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 76622
Can anyone help me with any suggestions as to why my shellac isn't lifting off as easy as it used to. I always use a soaked cotton pad in pure acetone and wrap in foil. I leave anywhere between 15-30 mins. It used to just lift off in near enough one whole piece but now it looks like it has shattered and then I have to scrape the majority off with an orange stick and then buff the stain off. I use all the correct stuff and all bought from Ellisons or s2. The only thing I've changed is my base coat. I ran out of my shellac and have been using my Gelish to use it up before I replace the shellac one. I've heard a lot of people say that even tho it isn't recommended they do mix systems with no problems and I would have thought Gelish would also soak off with no problems. It's making the removal process become a pain is the behind and I don't really want to have to overly buff my nails every time. Any help would be great please :)

Sometimes the Shellac can re-harden if left to soak for too long as the acetone evaporates. The recommended soak off is 8-10 mins so check after that time to see how its getting on, you might find that it'll be flaking off easier.

I don't mix brands but I wouldn't have thought using Gelish base would cause this as only the top is buff and the rest is soak off.

Sorry if this isn't much help but I have definitely had LOTS of trouble removing if left to soak for more than 10 mins.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sometimes the Shellac can re-harden if left to soak for too long as the acetone evaporates. The recommended soak off is 8-10 mins so check after that time to see how its getting on, you might find that it'll be flaking off easier.

I don't mix brands but I wouldn't have thought using Gelish base would cause this as only the top is buff and the rest is soak off.

Sorry if this isn't much help but I have definitely had LOTS of trouble removing if left to soak for more than 10 mins.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm guessing my timing could be the main cause. Sometimes I wrap and have looked at the clock and half hour has passed because I've been drawn into a TV programme. I will set a timer next time and hope that it comes off quick like it always used to. I'm also going to restock my shellac base coat so the combination of the 2 should get me back to the easy task it used to be. Thank you ladies :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413133500.465799.jpg
Shellac Faux Fur with lecente stardust in MilkyWay 😍

Had an email from sweet squared saying they have best prices ever for shellac for next 48 hours. I logged in but can't see any prices that are any better than normal? Anyone else know about these?💅💅💅💅 💅💰💴💵💶💷

Had an email from sweet squared saying they have best prices ever for shellac for next 48 hours. I logged in but can't see any prices that are any better than normal? Anyone else know about these?💅💅💅💅 💅💰💴💵💶💷

🙈🙈🙈🙈 ignore that!!!! I just re-read it and the sale starts midnight tonight until midnight Tuesday. Doh!!!!!!

How stunning is frosted glen. I love it ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413229277.540585.jpg

Beautiful! Have you layered any sparkle over the top? It looks like there is but perhaps it's just the lovely colour itself???

SophistiKated x

It does have a shimmer in it already and looks a little bit sparkly but I have put VIP status in gold very thinly over the top. It didn't actually make much of a difference tho tbh so I wouldn't bother next time. It is sparkly enough on its own :)

Does anyone have any swatches of lecente Neptune stardust please. Am interested to see this over different colours. Thankyou :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1413294213612.jpg
    1413294213612.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 345
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413450118.752822.jpg
Romantique with stamping

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413450165.888763.jpg
Romantique with stamping

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413450200.435786.jpg
Romantique with stamping

Purple Purple :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 367
Slightly off topic, but shellac related. I don't want to start another thread.
I buy large bottles of solar oil and decant into smaller bottles for ease of use. Even though I don't touch skin I still get debris, in the bottle after a while.
Can you share how you clean/sterilise your bottles without affecting the new solar oil you put into it?

I buy large bottles of solar oil and decant into smaller bottles for ease of use. Even though I don't touch skin I still get debris, in the bottle after a while.
Can you share how you clean/sterilise your bottles without affecting the new solar oil you put into it?

Anyone???

Many you could decant some into a dappen dish for each client and apply with a firm disposable lip wand which has the same texture of a nail polish brush?

I tend to do this for clients as it's more hygienic.

This would stop the need for your main bottles to be cleaned :)

Why not purchase the selection of 5ml bottles and use a new bottle on each client and give them a bottle to take away with them. If you increase your prices by £1/£2 it should cover the costs :)

Latest posts

Back