CND Shellac new colours for Autumn: Forbidden Collection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found dark dahlia & tinted love very sheer! 😕 I had to apply 4 layers of dd to get the finish I wanted. XX

Blimey that's a bit concerning. I've noticed that shellac seems to be getting more sheer with each new collection which is why I wondered.

We seem to be having different experiences. I find Grape Gum quite sheer from the last collection but the other three need just two coats. And with this new collection I find coverage is perfect with two coats. Infact, Burnt Romance is so thick that it wrinkles if your not careful....I don't have Dark Dahlia and Steel Gaze though so can't comment on those.

Are the Vinylux minis of these shades expected in soon? Has anyone already asked before I start hassling S2 non stop? :wink2:

Are the Vinylux minis of these shades expected in soon? Has anyone already asked before I start hassling S2 non stop? :wink2:

S2 facebook page said at Shellac launch on the 7th that they were due this week x

I found that with a couple of the summer splash colours, namely Grape Gum and Lobster Roll.

all my new collection colours are fine with 2 coats but i also purchased grape gum and i find that awful with just 2 coats, but such a beautiful colour so i'll let it off :lol:

I'm loving Blue Rapture ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376521514.999344.jpg

Beautiful work. Will try. Is Audrey a water decal?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Did this quickly on myself this afternoon, the new Steel Gaze with Silver Holographic accent nail.

Attachments

• Shellac_SteekGaze+SilverHoloRockstar.jpg
    Shellac_SteekGaze+SilverHoloRockstar.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,307
Loving all the colours but am wearing steel gaze also ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376584752.241664.jpg

I think I have a new favourite...tinted love...booooootiful ;) please ignore the messy application tho - my right hand is always dodgy!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376731573.674778.jpg

Steel Gaze - didn't rate this myself but it looks gorgeous on the nail. Rockstar accent nail with hand painted roses x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 5,584
Im wearing tinted love with dark dahlia plum love additive ring finger.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1376738204640.jpg
    1376738204640.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 12,859
Here are mine I done a few days ago. My camera is not great and does not show up tinted love a true colour. It's a gorgeous. I Love it. X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376740869.876361.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376740869.876361.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,328
I've brought tinted love and burnt romance, And the additives I'm not sure i like them at mo and can't find many pics for additive ideas any one else feel this way ?

I've brought tinted love and burnt romance, And the additives I'm not sure i like them at mo and can't find many pics for additive ideas any one else feel this way ?

The additives are very rich and will look fab over the darker shellac colours such as blackpool, fedora, decadence etc. I will be using most of mine over dark Dahlia.
The electric blue additive is amazing a real metallic french navy blue.

I didn't buy all the shellac only three (tinted love, dark dahlia and night glimmer), but invested in the additives range which I felt gave me the options of the whole range anyway

XX

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376851314.922150.jpg

These are mine today - Tinted Love with marbled Steel Gaze/Tinted Love accent with hex glitters x

Tinted Love with a Silver Holographic Glitter fade for my mummy.

Attachments

• 1376851930817.jpg
    1376851930817.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 900
So tonight I have been fiddling to create a pallet of AW colours with some of the new Shellac Colours (and some classics) and the new additives, and thought I would share with you guys.

The three Shellac colours I purchased were Dark Dahlia, Night Glimmer and Tinted Love with the complete additives collection.

I have also used rubble on the Pallet and Fedora

xx

Attachments

• AW13 002-001.jpg
    AW13 002-001.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 5,322
  • AW13 002-002.jpg
    AW13 002-002.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 547
So tonight I have been fiddling to create a pallet of AW colours with some of the new Shellac Colours (and some classics) and the new additives, and thought I would share with you guys.

The three Shellac colours I purchased were Dark Dahlia, Night Glimmer and Tinted Love with the complete additives collection.

I have also used rubble on the Pallet and Fedora

xx

Sorry forgot to post the other 6 colours...doh!

Attachments

• AW13 004-001.jpg
    AW13 004-001.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 3,286

Latest posts

Back