CND Vinylux staining

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenmaca

Reaction score
Hi
I've had a couple of clients complaining that the Vinylux stains their nails. HELP!!! I love Vinylux, but I'm put off using it because of these complaints. What would happen if I used base coat?? FYI it's only happened with reds or pinks so far

If you use a different basecoat than most probably you havent got the one week wear. It's not the whole vinylux system then. Some but one coat of a semi clear like beau, negligee or lavishy loved under the darker colors to prevent staining. I havent noticed any staining with vinylux, but there are more geeks here who have noticed. Also make sure you use the norishing remover, leave it for 10/20 secs on the nail and then remove in one move all the vinylux.

Have you taught your clients to remove their polish correctly??

Unless you teach them the correct method for removal they will just rub the pigment into the surface of their nails. That is not how to remove polish.

Do you sell them the V-Move tube so they can remove with the right products?

Make sure that they are removing Vinylux with the correct remover either D-solve or CND Nourishing Remover.

I've just removed week old Masquerade from a client and was a little worried as I'd heard the darker colours can stain - it came off like a dream, no trouble, no scrubbing and definitely no staining.

Gosh how I lovely this product the more I use it.

Karaxxx

So, I can't use Vinylux on clients unless they buy the remove tube?
I was hoping to go to Vinylux completely instead of polish, but that has put me off.
I advised the client to use a remover with acetone and to hold the soaked pad with pressure over nail and then wipe completely. She said her nails were still pink.
I like the idea of using negligee or beau underneath though, great idea.
Thanks xx

So, I can't use Vinylux on clients unless they buy the V-move Tube?

I was hoping to go to Vinylux completely instead of polish, but that has put me off.
I advised the client to use a remover with acetone and to hold the soaked pad with pressure over nail and then wipe completely. She said her nails were still pink.
I like the idea of using negligee or beau underneath though, great idea.
Thanks xx

Did I say that? (in red above) I don't think I said that but it does help when you know what they are using and have confidence in the outcome because of it. Would you not agree? You don't know what she used, to remove the product, whatever you may have advised.

I love to retail, we sell V-Move and they love the little kit and like knowing they are using the best products for the job. No one is saying they HAVE to use the correct products but it makes complaints like the one you got easier to solve if you know exactly what they are using. It also makes a bigger salon revenue for your business but if you are not interested in that then that is your business.

VINYLUX is a special new formula of polish ... Acetone or D-solve removes VINYLUX just beautifully and clients need to know this ... any old remover with acetone in it does not. You can even purchase bottles of D-solve to sell = more revenue. Why the resistance to what is a perfectly normal retail sale? I would never advise a client to use store-bought remover instead of the products I sell which will do the job, much better quality and better value for money as well, as we can see from your client's experience.

Last edited:
I've used a supermarket brand remover before and it is fine.

If you start rubbing and scrubbing (any remover) with darker colours then it can get messy but that's not the right way to do it.

On a thread a while ago Samuel said that you could use a base coat such as CND sticky. I don't see why you would need to though :)

I've used a supermarket brand remover before and it is fine.

If you start rubbing and scrubbing (any remover) with darker colours then it can get messy but that's not the right way to do it.

On a thread a while ago Samuel said that you could use a base coat such as CND sticky. I don't see why you would need to though :)

I am quite certain that Samuel would never advise to use CND Sticky Base Coat under VINYLUX unless he also added the extra information that if you do that, you will not get the same long-life wear out of VINYLUX.

I am quite certain that Samuel would never advise to use CND Sticky Base Coat under VINYLUX unless he also added the extra information that if you do that, you will not get the same long-life wear out of VINYLUX.

My apologies someone else recommended CND sticky but Samuel said you could use a base - of course saying it may reduce performance :)

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/239381-vinylux-question.html

I personally don't see the need to use a base at all as I've never experienced problems on anyone.

Just out of interest I've just looked to see what nail polish remover I've been using, I decant it into a pot with a push down top so don't look at the parent bottle often.

Its Salon Systems nail polish remover 2 (acetone free)! I'm absolutely amazed because it takes the Vinylux off beautifully, not really sure what it says about Vinylux, me or the nail polish remover but it works!

Karaxxx

Just out of interest I've just looked to see what nail polish remover I've been using, I decant it into a pot with a push down top so don't look at the parent bottle often.

Its Salon Systems nail polish remover 2 (acetone free)! I'm absolutely amazed because it takes the Vinylux off beautifully, not really sure what it says about Vinylux, me or the nail polish remover but it works!

Karaxxx
It's really no mystery just a different solvent. You CAN use acetone or non -Acetone remover to soften and remove any polish ... It's just that Acetone is generally more effective and quicker at doing the job. I know I prefer it.

It's really no mystery just a different solvent. You CAN use acetone or non -Acetone remover to soften and remove any polish ... It's just that Acetone is generally more effective and quicker at doing the job. I know I prefer it.

That's interesting, I was just surprised how well and how quickly it worked.

Karaxxx

Thanks everyone! It's given me food for thought....
LOVE CND products so will be sticking to Vinylux
Xxx

Yes!! It stains my clients nails also!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just removed Vinylux from a clients toes that she had on 2 months ago, and NO STAINING!
Phew!!!

I've just removed Vinylux from a clients toes that she had on 2 months ago, and NO STAINING!
Phew!!!

Sounds like you did it correctly and using the best remover for the job! We don't get staining either .. never been an issue.

I've got a client who has bought Vinylux, and using normal nail polish to remove and it's taking ages.

I've recommended she buy some Nourishing remover the 8oz one.
If I wanted to retail that size does any one know retail price?
Pm me if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got a client who has bought Vinylux, and using normal nail polish to remove and it's taking ages.

I've recommended she buy some Nourishing remover the 8oz one.
If I wanted to retail that size does any one know retail price?
Pm me if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't think we can retail nourishing remover can we? You could retail her dcolour or a vmove tube 😊

I've lost a client through stained nails so I always use a base coat. One of my clients has two weeks wear from Vinylux and that's with a base coat! I've used a base coat on my nails too and they have lasted really well. I like vinyl us for its quick dry time but don't like the risk in staining or the time it takes to remove from toes. Each to their own, we all have our products we are happier using. :)

I haven't had it stain nails, just toenails. I'm sure this is because it's on longer than recommended. I no longer use it for pedicures for this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back