Cold Callers driving me nuts!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Op yes i inderstand exactly, just because i work in telesales doesnt mean to say i dont understand. I was talking to my manager today regarding this issue and even though us agents are processing your calls correctly the companies will keep proccessing those numbers for whatever reason so whilst we are telling head office this number has completed the process and doesnt want an updated package etc they are still allowing the calls to go through, not us were just the monions.

I take it you ladies and gents email and update your facebook with new offers treatments etc, you do exactly what were doing but using a different medium. How often do you think your clients ignore those emails/ fb updates etc what are your conversion rates? My conversion rate is 80% and that is not because i suggest im doing my clients a favour or being pushy (again not listening to the customer and then being pushy is a sackable offence at my company) its all down to my manner of being polite and professional and proving that they are getting value for money, im not lying and understanding my customers needs.

Clearly b your rudeness isnt getting anywhere with cold callers but seriously it does pay off cos we will go out of our way to ensure your getting the best value and service. Fine if its a complete cold call but your providers you should def be nice to. All were doing is rewarding your loyalty just like you reward your clients for their loyalty (you wouldnt tell your therapist to eff off cos she is promoting an offer or treatment would you, its the same for us!). Also if you have not long switched provider you wont get any calls cos your on an updated package but some providers will start hounding you when they get the feeling your going to leave them etc so suddenly all these offers are available to you. This then becomes pushy and in turns becomes a pester call. As ive already said be polite ensure you and the agent have listened to each other and tell them three times your not interested. Jobs a goodun so to speak.

Dont get me wrong i know there are pushy sales staff out there (in any industry) and the best thing to do with that is say your being pushy to the agent. All calls have to be recorded now for ofcom purposes so auditing will flag them up and managers will be told to discipline and retrain staff.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Understandably we all have a job to do and if I had to make cold calls to pay my wages I would but god it doesn't half piss me off! I think that's just the general gist in here, not blaming you directly just the industry you work in. As the saying goes don't hate the player, hate the game x

Yes we are the same, I have been onto BT, I have joined all the telephone preference things, months and months on I still get them.

Ggrrrrrr

Not sure if it's a typo or not, but why do you need to tell someone THREE times you're not interested. Shouldn't once suffice? If not, then there is little wonder some people get irrate. Sorry I don't mean to pick your post apart lovey, I just can't see how companies don't understand a customers annoyance at having to repeat themselves, when a simple no thank you should be all it takes. X

Op yes i inderstand exactly, just because i work in telesales doesnt mean to say i dont understand. I was talking to my manager today regarding this issue and even though us agents are processing your calls correctly the companies will keep proccessing those numbers for whatever reason so whilst we are telling head office this number has completed the process and doesnt want an updated package etc they are still allowing the calls to go through, not us were just the monions.

I take it you ladies and gents email and update your facebook with new offers treatments etc, you do exactly what were doing but using a different medium. How often do you think your clients ignore those emails/ fb updates etc what are your conversion rates? My conversion rate is 80% and that is not because i suggest im doing my clients a favour or being pushy (again not listening to the customer and then being pushy is a sackable offence at my company) its all down to my manner of being polite and professional and proving that they are getting value for money, im not lying and understanding my customers needs.

Clearly b your rudeness isnt getting anywhere with cold callers but seriously it does pay off cos we will go out of our way to ensure your getting the best value and service. Fine if its a complete cold call but your providers you should def be nice to. All were doing is rewarding your loyalty just like you reward your clients for their loyalty (you wouldnt tell your therapist to eff off cos she is promoting an offer or treatment would you, its the same for us!). Also if you have not long switched provider you wont get any calls cos your on an updated package but some providers will start hounding you when they get the feeling your going to leave them etc so suddenly all these offers are available to you. This then becomes pushy and in turns becomes a pester call. As ive already said be polite ensure you and the agent have listened to each other and tell them three times your not interested. Jobs a goodun so to speak.

Dont get me wrong i know there are pushy sales staff out there (in any industry) and the best thing to do with that is say your being pushy to the agent. All calls have to be recorded now for ofcom purposes so auditing will flag them up and managers will be told to discipline and retrain staff.

I think your posts are falling on deaf ears here smallandcute, you'll never win this debate, these calls are annoying especially when you have a business to run but that said, you can't change it, and nor can we so there doesn't seem much left to do other than we all go back to our jobs and carry on.... :lol:

Happy feet it has to be three time otherwise i havent done my job properly in explaining the package, breaking it down etc. I get where your comong from i really do. I still go bright red when im shouted at by a customer and they dont even see me lol!

Virtues its not about winning a debate its about educating those who may not know what happens with calling. Im not a cold caller as i call my companies customers due to being their provider. I know there have been posts on this forum where people have taken offence due to others views of the hair and beauty industry and yet we all can be deroggatory to other industries as this thread shows to some degree. Im just giving you a view of the other side of the fence.

I get there are cold callers, I get there are companies trying to put the hard sell on potential consumers...but these companies do not get the word no, am not interested, stop calling, take me off your list...

For instance I just been called day before yesterday from a utilities services company, saying I have recently moved into property...which I haven't been here 2 years, it's a residential property, and I am a mobile therapist...for which the lady told me I would be taken off records as it's commercial utilities...

On phone this morning (landline)....receive call on mobile (I am waiting on certain calls so have to answer) ...utilities company again..

I explained have already had convo, I should be off list, wouldn't listen, I explained I was on phone, was cut mid sentence and told to listen! ...I said am not interested am not a phone call good bye...

Different number straight away, same guy, told me I was rude and I should talk lime a normal human being! ..

I out phone down..

Different number same guy...having a right go...I told him I was reporting him...left me quite upset tbh...

So no hard sell, companies don't want to listen to.....I am not interested

Sarah

These calls do my goat right in!!

Trying to foil a clients hair and one company rang 5 times in 2 hrs, different people, same company, being registered with the TPS does nothing!

I've told every company I'm TPS registered and shouldn't be calling me, only to be told...well you're advertised on the Internet...and?? For client not cold callers....and whom I believe have to by law buy in screened data so people like me don't get hounded at work, but no, they openly state they got my number off yell, website, fb..wherever... AGHHHH

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

I'm not sure, but I thought TPS was only for residential.

I've also had a run of utilities companies and they are awful. I've also had it with phone companies telling me they can reduce my bill. Even if I'm in a contract they will buy it out. To cut a very long story short, after lots of faff and phone calls and forms, they couldn't buy me out.
When they phone up now and say "would you like to reduce your phone bill? " I just say "no". That really stumps them!

The utilities company number was always a different local dialing code but they all ended the same so I got wise!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I get no end of calls...
Right in the middle of doing my books, getting ready for a client, doing something tricky on the PC.....

I do have caller display..that helps as I can block the frequent offenders, the down side is that firms often then call using another number.

i disgree with smallandcute's point saying we send electronic news letters and facebook updates and it's the same. The difference is as a customer we choose when we open our e-mails/check facebook and hit the delete button if we want to. We don't interrupt people in the middle of doing their job with phone calls for stuff they don't want.

My response..check the number calling..if it's local I'll pick up, national or international it goes straight to answerphone.

I'm not sure, but I thought TPS was only for residential.

I've also had a run of utilities companies and they are awful. I've also had it with phone companies telling me they can reduce my bill. Even if I'm in a contract they will buy it out. To cut a very long story short, after lots of faff and phone calls and forms, they couldn't buy me out.
When they phone up now and say "would you like to reduce your phone bill? " I just say "no". That really stumps them!

The utilities company number was always a different local dialing code but they all ended the same so I got wise!

Vic x

No, business & mobiles can register too.

Xx

No, business & mobiles can register too.

Xx

Thanks for that - worth giving it a go!

Vic x

I had a cold caller this morning...

Hi,
Can I speak to the person that deals with the bt line there.

To which I replied no I don't have a bt line. I'm not interested

To which he replied 'are you always such a miserable bitch!'

Nice! I put the phone down before I ripped him a new one xx

I had one who said he was a cutler. I told him I have TPS, that he shouldn't be cold calling me and to remove me from his calling list and he said 'Are you f***ing thick? I got you from Yellow Pages' ...
:irked:

I had a cold caller this morning...

Hi,
Can I speak to the person that deals with the bt line there.

To which I replied no I don't have a bt line. I'm not interested

To which he replied 'are you always such a miserable bitch!'

Nice! I put the phone down before I ripped him a new one xx

Haven't read through all the comments but u always say sorry the manager doesn't work here she just manages it but do you want her email they never email so it can't be important or I say sorry call on Monday when the managers in (were closed Monday) 80% reduction in calls :) xx

Latest posts

Back