Cold Fusion maintenance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink_n_fluffy0

Reaction score
First off I don't offer extensions myself by one of my clients is looking at getting them. She has found someone who does cold fusion and is getting them next week.

She has been told she needs no maintenance and to come back in 4 months to have them taken out.

I always thought you needed maintenance?

I just wondered if this is right as I don't want her having a bad experience and I thought some if you lovely geeks would know x

Any extension method would need maintenance to ensure the health of the clients hair is being looked after, and to ensure the client gets the best from their extensions x

Most sorts need maintenance

First off I don't offer extensions myself by one of my clients is looking at getting them. She has found someone who does cold fusion and is getting them next week.

She has been told she needs no maintenance and to come back in 4 months to have them taken out.

I always thought you needed maintenance?

I just wondered if this is right as I don't want her having a bad experience and I thought some if you lovely geeks would know x

When I spoke with Great Lengths today about their training they told me the oy maintenance that their hair needs is a trim in 4-5 months, this is cold fusion bonds, so maybe she's having these fitted. I think the hair is pretty expensive as the training is very!

That seems like strange advice from Great Lengths.

Cold fusion bonds, particularly with a good quality keratin are very durable so will stay in the clients hair very, very well.

But are they saying that you can do a cold fusion install and then the client can keep them in for 5 months without any form of maintenance, not be looked at by the technician at any stage?

Regardless of the quality of the hair can you imagine after 5 months how much of the clients hair will be supporting each extension strand, that is aside from the typical client not being fantastic with their aftercare, so they need to be checked upon to ensure the health of their own hair is not compromised

That seems like strange advice from Great Lengths.

Cold fusion bonds, particularly with a good quality keratin are very durable so will stay in the clients hair very, very well.

But are they saying that you can do a cold fusion install and then the client can keep them in for 5 months without any form of maintenance, not be looked at by the technician at any stage?

Regardless of the quality of the hair can you imagine after 5 months how much of the clients hair will be supporting each extension strand, that is aside from the typical client not being fantastic with their aftercare, so they need to be checked upon to ensure the health of their own hair is not compromised

Yep that exactly what I said, she did say upto that length of time, I can't see how the hair quality would change the need to remove hair and rebond, but obviously if we haven't trained with them we can't really comment. A friend of mine used to have Raccoon fitted by a top salon they didn't do a removal and refit either, and she wore hers for 6 months, she did have maintenance every 6 weeks tho.

Yep that exactly what I said, she did say upto that length of time, I can't see how the hair quality would change the need to remove hair and rebond, but obviously if we haven't trained with them we can't really comment. A friend of mine used to have Raccoon fitted by a top salon they didn't do a removal and refit either, and she wore hers for 6 months, she did have maintenance every 6 weeks tho.

So if they weren't refitting what where they doing? X

When I spoke with Great Lengths today about their training they told me the oy maintenance that their hair needs is a trim in 4-5 months, this is cold fusion bonds, so maybe she's having these fitted. I think the hair is pretty expensive as the training is very!

I thought you just used normal u tip extensions with the fusion, I know people who fit them nd they don't buy any special type of bond?

So if they weren't refitting what where they doing? X
I was told all u had to do for maintenance was trim them, I can't tell anyone anymore as this is just a conversation I had yesterday with them as a general enquiry.x

This is terrible advice, I had a friend who had Great Lengths fitted at a 'top salon' they told her she was having a full head when it was actually half a head and they split the bonds to get more coverage. As for maintenance they gave her little aftercare advise and no maintenance, and after 5 months I begged her to have them removed as hair had grown down so fars she was catching and snapping some of her own hair - for me regardless of advice I'd always advise maint appointment every 6-8 weeks and removal & refit 4-6 months depending how quickly clients hair growns!

when they said 'trim' did they go into that? as i know a few friends who have had GL and they have maintenance but to trim the natural hair loss away in the bonds

i would never fit and then tell them thats it for 4 months! reg maintenance def needed every 4-6 weeks x

I trained with using prebonds with heated wand if I was to offer cold fusion in the shop would I need to retrain? Or is it same application but with the cold fusion machine x

I trained with using prebonds with heated wand if I was to offer cold fusion in the shop would I need to retrain? Or is it same application but with the cold fusion machine x

I'm trained in pre bonded and micro rings, but I wouldn't offer a new method without training as you probably won't be covered on insurance, plus you wouldn't know if you were really doing it correctly. Hence why researching cold fusion training, Studio58 have won the contest for me just need to find time to fit it in.

The application of bonds using the ultrasonic machine is really not as similar as you might imagine, and the ultrasonic machine itself does take some getting used to to be able to operate it efficiently and correctly.

Latest posts

Back