Colour cupboards- how do you manage yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
I struggle with my colour cupboard- with me having staff and juniors who also use it. It gets to the stage we have millions of open tubes of colour- sometimes two or three of the same tint open at the same time. It's chaos. So how do you manage your stock? Any help would be good. Thanks in advance! X

i have all my bases in ascending order 1-10 after that i have all my base with tone in ascending order eg 4/1 4/4 4/5 4/75 5/3 5/35 5/5 etc etc if i open a tube and its not finished i rip the label of the top of the ube and leave the tube in so that one is used before the next tube is opened. its my pet hate having more than one tube of the same colour open :( x

A shelf with all in use tubes 1-10 plus all the colours in families. When a tube is finished, a new one can be taken out of the stock cupboard and put on the shelf. The top of the box is torn off the used up one, and that is put in a pot for my ordering.

I do rip the end off for reordering but the idea of leaving the half tube in the ripped off box is good- then people will see what's there as it will be right in their face!! Dawn that's a good idea to only have one of each tube out - I might try that myself - just keep out of the way what we don't actually need to hand. It's just do frustrating- at the moment i have the tubes in order etc but I have tubs with reds, High lifts, bases and others In separate boxes... But its just a shambles. With the move to the new salon I want to be organised before the staff move with me!!

i do practically the same as persianista: Put them in order of colour familes, but i get a bit ocd, it had to be of the same order as the colour base as in the colour chart. When i used majirel, i used to put it in order of red, copper, warm brown, cool brown, burgundy etc
So i use matrix where all my quasi colours are first, then my extra coverage grey colours then my normal tints reds, high lifts, ultra blonds, but in order of neutral, ash, gold etc.

I get all my hairdressers to rip off & put it in a little bowl, or if half used/quarter used, to mark it one on the tube cover (cont: 1-2-3-4) so i know, plus coz its in chart order, makes it easier for me to have a quick glance if it is in stock or not! xoxo

I have a filling cabinet with all my full tubes in, in numerical order.

I then have baskets for the open tubes and signs saying 'Look in the baskets before opening a new tube'.

I do go a little bit mental if more than one colour is open at a time!

I have shelves for all the un opened colours, all in order as said above. Then I have a bar running along the front of each shelf that I can fold the bottoms of opened colours over, the open ones are kept hanging in front of the new ones of the same shade. That way you can see instantly which ones are already open.

Thanks everyone. My problem has seemed to resolve itself as all my staff have left me.... So it's working well doing it myself!! A lot of salon issues have resolved themselves tbh- might stay staffless forever!!

Latest posts

Back