Colour help needed ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellechopchop

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client in tomorrow for a colour correction and assymetric cut, I've been working at my salon as an assistant but have just finished my level 3 so this is like a model to show my skills and that I'm ready for the salon floor

She is currently a washed out 6, fairly coppery with a bit of blue crazy colour underneath on an old bleached up piece

I want to make her a darker violet all over with lilac chunky pieces coming through the heavy part of the haircut

The salon use loreal which I'm not trained in so need help with colour selection.
I took some of her hair yesterday and bleached up 2 pieces then put po2 on one which was ok but not intense enough, then 8.2 and 2/3 violet mixer on the other which again was ok but maybe slightly pinky

But for the dark tint I used 4.20 but it grabbed and went way too dark..
Ideally I would like her to be a base 5 but want the purple to be obvious in the light

So any suggestions please as I really want to impress and have to get this colour ordered today :)

Thanks

Do u have luo in the salon?

If your not trained in loreal will they expect you to pick shades? What are you trained in? Usually I would get a stylist to make a suggestion then pick shades in this case.

So you could say you want to achieve a 5.20 base using a quasi, then prelighten some pieces with 6% and create a lilac.

In only pointing this out as you might be worrying about nothing x

If your not trained in loreal will they expect you to pick shades? What are you trained in? Usually I would get a stylist to make a suggestion then pick shades in this case.

So you could say you want to achieve a 5.20 base using a quasi, then prelighten some pieces with 6% and create a lilac.

In only pointing this out as you might be worrying about nothing x

Thank you

Yes the stylists were trying to help me last night but weren't totally sure themselves, and because they order from a store they don't have a rep or technical line I can call either

At college I used wella but in my last salon they use Schwarzkopf which I'm more confident in. But have to stick to loreal atleast for the tint because of skin testing. Could use anything for the lilac I suppose :)

Latest posts

Back