Colour help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there metallic salts present, doesn't the hair have to be cut off?

If they want their hair coloured yes. Either cut it off or grow it out!

Well that tells you its probably an incompatibility issue then, her hair contains metallic salts. You cant colour her mids and ends at all.

Ash won't neutralise anything. You're not just exposing yellow though are you? If its a 6 you're going to orange and yellow! 12/89 would definitely be better, i'd even add 0/81 to it.

I thought that getting to a level 10 would expose more golden/yellow than orange?

Anyway am at a loss re why the ends didn't crumble when i used ct 7.73 1.9% but on a different strand test using ct 9.03 they did, did two separate tests just to show myself i wasn't going doo lally. Out of interest box reason this would happen? Same hair, conditions, % developer just two levels lighter? Maybe metallic salts present just on strands on 9.03? That doesn't make any sense. Could actually see the colour mix bubbling a bit on it so def m.salts . At least its furthering my colour theory as college was pretty basic and that was 5 years ago! Cheers x

I thought that getting to a level 10 would expose more golden/yellow than orange?

Anyway am at a loss re why the ends didn't crumble when i used ct 7.73 1.9% but on a different strand test using ct 9.03 they did, did two separate tests just to show myself i wasn't going doo lally. Out of interest box reason this would happen? Same hair, conditions, % developer just two levels lighter? Maybe metallic salts present just on strands on 9.03? That doesn't make any sense. Could actually see the colour mix bubbling a bit on it so def m.salts . At least its furthering my colour theory as college was pretty basic and that was 5 years ago! Cheers x

Should read *any reason

No, you expose it all!

You've got 2 types of pigment found in your hair, both a melanin types:
Eumelanin - the black and brown pigment responsible for depth
Pheomelanin - yellow and red pigment, this is your undertones, also known as 'underlying pigment' and 'undercoats'

These melanin pigments are packed into granules, like little groups of pigment, called melanosomes, at the core of the melanosomes is pheomelanin, then surrounding that is eumelanin.

When we lighten the hair, we dissolve these pigments, but the pheomelanin is much more resistant to oxidation, so when we lift the hair with colour, if you're starting off with orange, theres still going to be orange when you're lifting!

Latest posts

Back