Colour L&P overlay...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
Hi fellow Geeks, just a simple question really.

I have just done my first set of coloured L&P overlays. Basically i did, Raspberry Cream in zone one, Grape Soda in zone 2 and Pink Topaz in zone 3, then topped it all with Disco nights and of course a thin layer of clear L&P to finish.

They looked great when done but it occurred to me, what do you look for or how do you tell if you have lift??

I very rarely get it these days, but usually i work with pink or clear so you can see it. I know that if you have bad lift you can see the overlay lift at the edges, but what if its minor so not so easily detected??

I'm not so worried when it comes to reballance, i like a challenge, but lift worries me, as when it comes to infills in two weeks time, i don't want to be sealing in any bacteria.

Any ideas please.:eek:

Hello Talanted Talons not sure on this one but surly when u do the rebalance once u get filin u will c any lift also i think that if the client had any probs within her fortnight im sure she will let u no hth

Hi hun, im sure you will get answers but how about posting a piccie of your nails they sound great im intrigued x x x

I will try but i think i've run out of space to pt more on. I'll have a go at replacing the pics i have but other than that i will email you a pic of what i did.

19153_color_L_P_pink-med.jpg

Here they are i managed to put them on here. Quite a challenge when it comes to reballance, but something to look forward to.....:eek:

So glad you put them on, ive just been trying to do it for you but deleted some space but want enough, they are just brilliant, seeing as your only newly qualified you have an amazing talent and a very successful future x x x

Thanks Kells, really appreciatte your comments. I still have a way to go, to be as good as the rest of the greatest out there, but we all have to start somewhere.

Just practise, practise, practise. We'll have to get together soon and have another play with products again.

They are Lovely!! x

i will have to try experimenting with different colours, cause they look brill.

i've only ever used pink, it' great to see all the styles and colours the geeks use, look forward to seeing more of your work.

They look really brill what products have u used for them

They are fantastic!!! You are a very talented lady!

I use NSI technailcolour and i find them fantastic! almost no lifting and if there is its quite small. you will soon find out about any lifting when your lady comes back but dont worry bout it am sure you will be able to cope very well.

Lets see some more!!!

Wow!! Wow!! Wow!

They look amazing!

Well done!

My concern when doing nails using opaque powders isn't so much the lifting issue as for me lifting is not an issue, but how would anyone see if a bacterial infection was present?

Here in Spain despite all the best efforts of the professional, greenies are more prevelent in this climate. We have to really educate the client to come in if she has knocked her nails even if they are not visibly broken. Definitely wouldn't be able to see this using opaque powders ... my preference is the airbrush for 'special effects' but it is fun to try these things on yourself.

i agree Geeg hence why i asked about lift, the other issue also worries me. I did think when you use opaque powders you can't see what's going on under the colour.

How do people who use coloured gel get on?? Do they take them off fully after a short time?

Should i remove if my client knocks or cracks a nail?

To get the look i used EZ Flow powders, Raspberry Cream on the tip then Grape Soda then Pink Topaz. As the Pink Topaz doesn't have any glitter in it i used the Disco Nights from the Boogie nights collection to give the sparkle to it.

I love these powders and can't wait to get some more.

Fantastic nails :) i have got a greenie right now ... my face! all jealous lol :p

Jo xx

WOW!!!! They are FAB!!!! :biggrin:

As far as I'm aware you just do a rebalance as normal with the pink topaz.

I'm sure Ant or Jess will tell me if I'm wrong!!:rolleyes: :)

I think they're FAB!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Debz xxx

Doing a reballance doesn't worry me its wondering whats going on under the colour.

What do people do when using coloured gel??

Do you remove it after a certain time and re-apply??

Come on Ant what do you do??

Latest posts

Back