Coloured hair running

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
After my last holiday where my red hair literally ran out of my hair in the pool, I now dread going on holiday!

Now my hair is even brighter! Anyone have any tips that will help, obviously I tie my hair up and try hard not to get it wet.

Any products that have helped?

Swimming cap hunny :)

NO!
No one wears swimming hats unless you are a kid and especially not on a luxury holiday.
I was meaning if anyone had any tips re any hair products to help with it

NO!
No one wears swimming hats unless you are a kid and especially not on a luxury holiday.
I was meaning if anyone had any tips re any hair products to help with it

Nope there really is not anything else you can do apart from a swimming hat if you don't want it to fade I tried everything this year and still came back with gold hair all the orange tone completely went I give up in the end and just rescued it when I got home lol the only thing I could say is I had a clear semi put on befor going to try seal the colour in a bit and I used loads of conditiona and wrapped it in a high bum before going in the pool it works like a barrier stoping the chlorine getting in straight away there the only things I can think of oh and the hat! Haha good luck x

Nope there really is not anything else you can do apart from a swimming hat if you don't want it to fade I tried everything this year and still came back with gold hair all the orange tone completely went I give up in the end and just rescued it when I got home lol the only thing I could say is I had a clear semi put on befor going to try seal the colour in a bit and I used loads of conditiona and wrapped it in a high bum before going in the pool it works like a barrier stoping the chlorine getting in straight away there the only things I can think of oh and the hat! Haha good luck x

Opps! Ment bun! Hehe x

Yeah I was thinking to use a clear glaze, I've got a massive load of Daniel Galvin left, so thinking to try that.

Yeah and I'm perfecting the high bun! I'm thinking aswell to try not to wash my hair every day on holiday, if it doesn't get very wet I'll just refresh using dry shampoo, besides it'll be so humid so my curly hair will just frizz reckon it'll be a put up job anyway in the evenings!

Dry shampoo in the sun can be a recipe disaster for drying out your hair! The wella sun range contains SPF and its great! If you are planning on getting your hair wet in the pool make sure it's wet before you get in otherwise like you say, high bun is definitely the way forward :) x

Latest posts

Back