coming to oz

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princessk

Reaction score
Hi all

in 2 weeks time i will b workin & travelling 2 oz for 1year.
I havent planned anything that i will be doin out there yet, so it will b great to here from any1 that lives out there or any1 that has done a bit of travelling.

princessk said:
Hi all

I havent planned anything that i will be doin out there yet, so it will b great to here from any1 that lives out there or any1 that has done a bit of travelling.

Wow Hope you have a fab time :hug:
Sure some of our Aussie geeks can help out here :)

princessk said:
Hi all

Hi

I am in Western Australia,

Whereabouts do you plan to visit, and what sort of work will you be doing??

Any questions just ask, more than happy to help, if I can

Kim

were starting off at sydney but dont no wher we will go from there. im a beauty therapist so was thinkin of doin that. but i also wanted to try something a little different like fruit picking and bar work. im kinda just hoping to go with the flow

Hi there

I live in Adelaide South Australia. So if u are in the area PM me and we can go for a drink!!!

Australia is an amazing place to visit and live, so much opportunity and so much natural beauty to see (and thats just the lifeguards at Bondi).

There are lots of must sees so here is my list per state. There are heaps more and hopefully other geeks can help out and add to this list.

QLD: The Great Barrier Reef
NSW: The Blue Mountains
VIC: Great Ocean Road
TAS: Cadbury Factory (altho u have the original)
SA: Kangeroo Island
WA: Monkey Mia
NT: Kakado

HTH

I spent 2 1/2 years travelling around and working in Australia! It was the best 2 1/2 years of my life! I worked doing fruit picking, bar work, child minder, waitress, promotions, cleaner, pizza hut, (i cleaned the pans the pizza's were cooked in, oh the glamour)!
We lived in sydney, (coogee beach) for 14 months and the remainder travelling around in a beat up old car. You will have the most amazing time. I envy you 100%:green: Keep safe and enjoy every moment!

princessk said:
were starting off at sydney but dont no wher we will go from there. im a beauty therapist so was thinkin of doin that. but i also wanted to try something a little different like fruit picking and bar work. im kinda just hoping to go with the flow

Hi

Sydney, isnt that where Jnail is??

Kimi

hey,

I'm also from Adelaide south Australia. Have lived here for 1 year this August. I'm in love with the place. I'm from Clacton-on-sea, so this is heaven for me! the beaches are a little different to sunny Clacton! There are non- stop things to do where ever you go in Australia. Your arriving at the right time too, winters is almost finishing our 1st day of spring is 1st Sept! Horay!!!!

Anyway Sweetie have a fantasic time and enjoy!

Jo x x x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi thanks for all your replys.
I cant wait booked the tickets 2day, off on august 9th.
I just feel so unorganised.
What do i pack?
I mean i have 2 take 1yrs worth of stuff in a tiny bag

Does any one any good chat rooms for travelling.
I need to make sure i no what 2 take wiv me and i dont no where to start.
I dont want to leave anything out.
Passport, driving lisence, cv's, certificates, suncream......
What couldnt u go without.
Im going for a year and it has to fit into a backpack

thanks for your help x

When I travelled we joined a hostel organisation called YHA, (youth Hostel Assoc). It may be differant now, I'v been home 10 years, but it entitled you to discounts in some of the backpackers hostels, and also they gave loads of info before we went. Well worth looking into. hth a bit:)

Latest posts

Back