Complete Nail Technician - Worth the buy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claireybearyowen

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Just a quickie, I have found myself looking at buying training books and have come accross The Complete Nail Technican and am just looking to get some feedback on it being a good read and more to the point worth the spend.

I appreciate people will comment on becmong a nail tech as not being a cheap and quick fix money earning choice of career,which I wholeheartedly agree with,however at over £80.00 :eek: for the book I would like to make a good purchase and would appreciate any feedback on the book or recomendations of others??

Fanks Peeps

Claire :)

It's excellent in my opinion. I also bought The Encyclopedia of Nails - but they are similar. Marians book is preferred.

Well worth it. I bought it for my course last year and am really happy I did. I've looked up no end of things in there. I for one shan't be getting rid of it anytime soon.

yes i bought it a few months ago and have only really dipped in and out so far. There is a lot in there that I have learnt already and I find when I'm doing clients I use helpful pointers from the book as i go along as information is clear and easy to remember. Well worth buying in my opinion. x

I say get every book that you can :)
Information is powerful stuff :green:

Hi claire, have you tried looking on e-bay and amazon i got the encyclopedia of nails by jacqui jefford & anne swain its a brilliant book very informative and got a bargain with it plenty of reading ,pictures etc easy step by step instructions.hth.:)
x

Thanks everyone :) your replies have helped me decide that I DO NEED it. You know what it's like when you are starting something new you NEED (well you think you need) everything!!!

The book was listed on Amazon at from £80.00 new down to £10.00 used so just wanted to get feedback form those pro's out there may have bought the book themselves.

Sooooooper, it's now on mu shoppihg list, along with way too much else!!

Cheers Geeks much appreciated :lol:

Don't forget to get yourself a copy of Geeg's Nailclass ... a bible for any budding nail tech and worth every penny :green:

Don't forget to get yourself a copy of Geeg's Nailclass ... a bible for any budding nail tech and worth every penny :green:

hey where can i get on of these?

What other books do you reccomend? xx

hey where can i get on of these?

What other books do you reccomend? xx

You can get the nailclass book from sweet squared - look under Education and Training. It's a great book, everything is explained in very clear terms, I find it invaluable :)

Last edited:
cool thanx.

Im going to the fingertips centre tommorow ill try there first xx

The 3 utter must have books as a working nail technician, IMO (and no particular order) are:

Nailsclass - Gigi Rouse

The Complete Nail Technician - Marian Newman

Nail Structure & Product Chemistry - Doug Schoon.

Thank you everyone for recommending my book :hug:

It certainly ISN'T £80!!!!!! It's under £30 from the right seller!!!

Woo! I have in front of me a copy of The Complete Nail Technician courtesy of the local library yesterday. I had no idea it was that expensive. It has been a good read and well worth getting hold of a copy (and a bargain at £10) but equally, I will be ok about taking it back to the library in due course and not buying a copy for myself. Thanks to the library for saving me so much!

Caroline x

Thank you all again, and for the lady herself thank you! It looks like I may have a opportunity to buy second hand from a local geek :lol: Am sooooooo excited and again it just shows how amazing this forum is.

Cheers Claire :)

Latest posts

Back