Completely exhausted for no reason

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristalinx

Reaction score
All day I've been struggling through work. Even the smallest jobs seem huge today and I haven't been able to let myself sit down because I know I'd fall straight to sleep. I feel like I have a really bad case of the flu but without the coughing and blocked head. I was fine until last night about tea time I just got the urge to sleep. Slept a good 8 hours but didn't feel any more rested. More like I've pulled an all nighter.

It seems to have been happening a bit over the past few months so it can't be a bug or anything. Just wanted to vent because my doctor told me to take an antihistamine in case it was hayfever. I think he just wanted me out the door. :banghead:

I'm exactly the same! I wonder if there's something going round.

It could be mild hayfever. Also if you're taking antihistamines they can sometimes make you drowsy x

Could be a result of the antihistamines. I find when I take them I real like I have been hit by a tidal wave of tiredness and find that even small things like going from one room to the other exhausting. I even feel asleep mid conversation one with my father and woke up two hours later. Thankfully, I haven't suffered from Hayfever in years.

Last edited:
I get terrible hayfever but this isn't hayfever. It's been on and off every few weeks but its sporadic. Today has been the worst by far. I think I'm going to go back to the doctors tomorrow and ask for another doctor.

Mine only started today. I don't get hayfever but am a bit feverish. I'm coming down with something. :cry::sad:

Sorry to hear your feeling like this, you really need to change doctor as if you have been like this for a few months they need to look into it.
hope you get sorted and dont give up until you get answers xx

I'm the same, could sleep the clock round! I've been like this for 2 or 3 days now.

I feel for for you, I have chronic fatigue syndrome/M.E so I know the feeling!

Hope you feel better soon. Xx

I've felt like this too for a while! I'm putting it down to excessive stress :( get well soon x

All day I've been struggling through work. Even the smallest jobs seem huge today and I haven't been able to let myself sit down because I know I'd fall straight to sleep. I feel like I have a really bad case of the flu but without the coughing and blocked head. I was fine until last night about tea time I just got the urge to sleep. Slept a good 8 hours but didn't feel any more rested. More like I've pulled an all nighter.

It seems to have been happening a bit over the past few months so it can't be a bug or anything. Just wanted to vent because my doctor told me to take an antihistamine in case it was hayfever. I think he just wanted me out the door. :banghead:

Hello,

I was like you for months and doctor kept saying it was post virus (had shingles January 2013) I kept pursuing it as I knew they were wrong, I went to see another different doctor who did blood tests and it turned out I had incredibly low b12 and anaemic.
If I were you I would keep going until you see a doctor who does a thorough examination with blood tests etc.
I hope you start to feel better soon

Hello,

I was like you for months and doctor kept saying it was post virus (had shingles January 2013) I kept pursuing it as I knew they were wrong, I went to see another different doctor who did blood tests and it turned out I had incredibly low b12 and anaemic.
If I were you I would keep going until you see a doctor who does a thorough examination with blood tests etc.
I hope you start to feel better soon

Same here but I was like it for 4 years, a hangover and flu is all I could describe it as, sometimes I'm so exhausted I can't talk or watch tv!
I never gave up as I knew something was not right!
It took four years to diagnose me with ME.
That was 11 years ago now, you may just be lacking in something simple and can put it right but the doctor needs to look into it! Don't let them fob you off xx

I used to teach kids with ME, they were all so inspirational. I wouldn't wish that condition on my worst enemy. Firm words with a different doctor tomorrow I think (once I've negotiated the stupid appointment system, that's a whole other rant!)

It sounds like you've all been buying antihistamines for night time use rather than day time!

OP, I would return to the Dr and ask for bloods if you really cannot find a reason for this. They may not show anything, but it's a start.

Saw a different doctor (who was much better) he said my blood pressure is through the floor and he's sending me to hospital for tests. Finally I'm getting somewhere. :)

Saw a different doctor (who was much better) he said my blood pressure is through the floor and he's sending me to hospital for tests. Finally I'm getting somewhere. :)

Ah so pleased please let us no how you get on xx

Hope they fix you soon. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Only thing I'm worried about now is my apprenticeship, I haven't even got my contract yet. They might not give me one at all now :S

No update from the doctors but my salon have dropped me as an apprentice. Apparently I'm too much of a risk. :(

No update from the doctors but my salon have dropped me as an apprentice. Apparently I'm too much of a risk. :(

Ah no I'm so sorry to hear this, is this due to time off xx

Latest posts

Back