Compliments that made your day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KittySG

Reaction score
We often are to good at holding onto bad things, insults and criticisms given to us on a day to day basis and to quick to forget the compliments we receive.

I thought it would be nice to have a thread were we can remind ourselves that someone said something nice to us today (this week, last year, whenever it was). And help spread some smiles with positive stories.

As a newbie I often feel way out of my depth, and I know I shouldn't but I do find it hard to not take things personally. I'm constantly paranoid that a client I only saw once hated me for whatever reason.
But today I spoke to the receptionist in the building where my treatment room is, she told me she'd been speaking to a client I'd seen just once around two months ago. This is one of the clients I thought I'd alienated as I'd talked incessantly and spilt a blob of wax on her foot :o
I made light of it and she laughed before I hastily cleaned it up. But I automatically assumed I'd blown my chance to gain her as a repeat client.

However, she told the receptionist that she couldn't get over how professional I was, it was the best wax she'd ever had and I really knew my stuff answering all her questions. She wants to book back in but simply hasn't had the time to come and see me.
I think she is slightly exaggerating, BUT.... This made my week.

-note to self- stop panicking, you're not as clumsy as you think lol.

^.^

Last edited:
Ooh I like this :)

2 this week....
My manager says some work I put in to him is the best, even better than from those who earn more and have fancier titles. I was thrilled.
Then a friend who is not an old friend but quite a recently acquired one, said that I'm beautiful inside and out and that she would be there if I ever needed anything ever at all. That's quite a compliment!

Great thread.

I care for a disabled lady part time, here is a text from her yesterday:

Hey Stephanie, just wanted to say a massive thanks for everything you do. Your patience and understanding, especially at the moment is just beautiful and you go above and beyond. You are truly exceptional and I am so honoured you're part of my life. Thank you. Xx 😘

A comment from a client about her brows 'You do an amazing job, everyone comments on them now. I love them'

Another client 'I loved my last tan, thank you I always feel much better after seeing you' said before I sprayed her last night.

Guess I could fill this with work related comments but they were my 3 from yesterday. I never take much notice, (that sounds awful) I always say 'aww thank you, thats good to hear' but it doesn't really cross my mind again. So thank you for giving me a reminder to take note of the positives, if someone said anything bad (thankfully hasn't happened yet) it would really play on my mind yet I let the compliments go over my head?!

Xx

A text I got from a client yesterday who's daughters hair and makeup I did for her prom:
You did an amazing job we was all so pleased with it and I know Tiana was well happy with it... Thank you so much for adding your magic to such a special occasion xxxxx

A man I have never met sent me a picture of his penis? That is a compliment right?
That aside my dentist said I have amazing hair today.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

A man I have never met sent me a picture of his penis? That is a compliment right?
That aside my dentist said I have amazing hair today.

Don't you hate it when that happens. It's worse when it's somebody you do know though :(

Great thread. I received a text from a tutor I had a while back...

Hi lucy just got your book. How exciting - didn't know you were doing that. recommended it to some studentsXxx

Really chuffed!

Don't you hate it when that happens. It's worse when it's somebody you do know though :(

I am always getting it. Even my cousin went a bit deliverance on me. Is it a compliment or an insult?

I am always getting it. Even my cousin went a bit deliverance on me. Is it a compliment or an insult?

I think that's why it does my head in.
They think you should be flattered and yet you're insulted.
Well I am anyway.
You should never have to see your cousins bits in close up HD. Noooo!

Lol I agree the penis shots are a bit ott. I do wonder what they think it'll make us say...."oh swoon your so romantic I must have you now" -excuse me while I vomit- bleh
On the whole though I do think they mean it as a compliment.

Having said that an old gent at my new local told me sweetly that I remind him of Audrey Hepburn! Now there's a compliment. :D

A compliment? No, can't say I recall ever getting one of those. My memory doesn't stretch back that far.

A compliment? No, can't say I recall ever getting one of those. My memory doesn't stretch back that far.

Well I think you're very witty MM, so there's a compliment for you xx

Well I think you're very witty MM, so there's a compliment for you xx

That's very sweet. I'm not witty in real life. I'm socially inept.

' I don't like your water cooler'
' Can I come an hour later, I have a hangover'
' Do you mind if I come earlier I am getting my roots done at our appointment time'
' don't photoshop my pictures will you, I can tell you know'
' I've only got £20 in cash on me, you can ask me to leave if you like'

Are these not compliments? This is all I seem to hear.

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of 'the secret' they can lend me?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just given a compliment to my client though she has asked me if she can come later tonight.

I wrote ' Yes I'll be here, Berk'

Obviously it was her name instead of 'Berk' - predictive text got it right for once...and I pressed send before checking.

I can't stop laughing. How awful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

One of my friends said "you talk a lot of sense" this is a huge compliment, huge... as I very rarely talk it these days!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My manager got an email saying that I was a credit to the store earlier. This saved my sanity after 6 months of hell. I was fitting a gorgeous little boy some shoes & was chatting to him about his day at school, in the email his mum said he was usually shy bless him.

A new client text me saying she loved her nails and wished I could live in her wardrobe to do wonderful nails to match her outfits everyday! I like to see the compliment in this rather than the odd side 😉

A client coming all the way from Sheffield on the train this afternoon just to have her HDBrows done, and then catching the train back. That's a huge compliment for me that she travels that distance when there are many more HD Stylists in her local area.
Jen

I get complimented on my eyeliner but that is about it. I always make sure I go out of my way to comment if some one is doing a good job, their perfume smells lovely or I like their outfit or just if they've been a nice person in general.

I love getting compliments and you never know what kind of day someone is having, it may just cheer them up!! X

Latest posts

Back