Confidence building

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen v

Reaction score
Hi all, can i first say any advice you can give will be most welcome. I started in the industry as a holistic therapist, with massage being my particular passion, as time has gone by I have had to add in beauty to meet client demand. My problem lies in the confidence with the beauty element. I have done facial, eye treatments, waxing, manicure and pedicure all as short courses, and all i can say is although i am perfectly capable of performing these treatments i do feel as though i am missing something.
I am somewhat of a perfectionist, and i want to be able to say that i am at the top of my game as it were. Give me a body to iron out... no problem... i can tackle anything and know that client will feel better for it. But this is really starting to annoy me.
Unfortunately i dont have the available time or cash to completely retrain from scratch on an NVQ course for instance, hence my request for any advice or suggestions.

Could you not go back to your trainer to ask for some 121 or another assessment of your work to see if they have any tips for you? Just an idea.

HTH Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

Why not get some friends to be practice models for you, ones that you know for sure will give you absolutely honest feedback? You could also go for some treatments yourself at other salons to see how they do things, and get a feel for what you like or dislike.

Thanks for the replys, I think i will have to invest in some treatments myself, I suppose I could be thinking that there should be more to it. I am practicing all the time, and reading loads of books website etc. I am a big believer in you never stop learning. So I will go and get pampered myself first then see where I go from there. Thanks again.:)

Latest posts

Back