Confiming appointments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YvonneW2011

Reaction score
Hi all,
I always try to confirm appointment when I'm mobile. I'm supposed to be tanning a new client tonight and I've text her and wrote a message on facebook to confirm the appointment and she hasn't got back to me. This happened to me once before and I gave the girl the benefit of the doubt and turned up to her house anyway and she wasn't in or just didn't answer the door! I don't want this to happen again so do I go in the hope that she's remembered her appointment anyway or if I don't go, I could lose a potential future client? What would you do? x

How did you word the message you sent her?
I always word mine in a way of reminding not questioning...
For example I would say 'Hi, just a reminder that I will be coming to do you *** at 6pm this evening.'
This puts the ball in their court. By wording it 'Please confirm you're still OK for *** at 6pm tonight' you're giving people the opportunity to say no and you are reliant on a response.
If you are really worried about this maybe you could ring to confirm the appointment?
Kxx

If clients do not confirm then I assume they do not want the appt. You could put on your leaflets etc that offered appts have to be accepted within 24hrs otherwise it may be offered to someone else.

Thanks guys. I worded it like this "Just to confirm your appointment for Friday at 6pm". Is that wrong?
Yeah I probably should have something like that wrote down incase something like this happens again. Thanks x

I always confirm appointments the same way as you do, I say - Just to confirm your appointment at such and such a time and date.
Some clients reply, and some do not. I don't take it that if they don't reply that they aren't coming as when I get reminders like that from salons I don't reply.
Also to be honest, even those that do confirm could still not turn up etc...

I guess it depends on whether the appt has already been made or not. If it has been made and you are sending a reminder text then I would probably assume they were still coming. If you offered an appt and were waiting for a reply for them to confirm they wanted it, then I would assume they changed their mind.;)

I guess it depends on whether the appt has already been made or not. If it has been made and you are sending a reminder text then I would probably assume they were still coming. If you offered an appt and were waiting for a reply for them to confirm they wanted it, then I would assume they changed their mind.;)
Yeah the appointment was already made, it's just cos she was a new client and as I'm moblie I don't want to go all the way to her house using my petrol etc for her not to be there. It really annoyed me when it happened the last time. Thanks again everyone. x

I never re-confirm an appt once its been made. Only twice have I turned up at a clients house and they were not in, but everyone else is fine.

take a deposit thats working for us now x thanks to my new management

Hello,
I always take a contact number on booking and call the client the day before to confirm their appointment. :)
Hth, Holly x

I always take a mobile number & text them the night before or put a message on there FB wall

Have yet to have anyone not reply but if they didnt i wouldnt go to them.

Hi all,
I always try to confirm appointment when I'm mobile. I'm supposed to be tanning a new client tonight and I've text her and wrote a message on facebook to confirm the appointment and she hasn't got back to me. This happened to me once before and I gave the girl the benefit of the doubt and turned up to her house anyway and she wasn't in or just didn't answer the door! I don't want this to happen again so do I go in the hope that she's remembered her appointment anyway or if I don't go, I could lose a potential future client? What would you do? x

Its a business at the end of the day wether you are mobile or have a salon. Your clients need to understand that. I always tell people (at the point of making the booking) to confirm on the day between 9am-9.30am, failure to do this will result in the appointment being automatically cancelled, then if you do have someone wanting a same day appointment, tell them to call you at 9.30am (deadline time) and you will know exactly how your diary will be for the whole day and you will not lose potential clients. You have to be strict with this as you have a living to earn and bills to pay yourself.

Diane x

Latest posts

Back