Constructive criticism wanted!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambam

Reaction score
Hi guys! Just plucked up the courage (and figured out how) to post a piccy of a set of nails i have done on my mum. I know i need to improve my smile lines looooooads. Anything else you think i need to change etc please tell me.
(Sorry about the quality of the pic). Thanx!!!!

They look nice Sam, only being a novice tech myself I find it hard to give any critisism be it constructive, but as far as I am concered they look lovely.

I just noticed you live just down the road from me too :)

Hi ya

They look really good!! excellent in fact. A couple of things i noticed though if you don't mind my saying.:o .. the line of light is a little out which means your c-curve or upper arch (which ever terminology you prefer) is not quite there.
Also could do with slimming the side walls slightly. the length looks really good,

An altogether great set of nails IMO

Thanx! i think your nails look lovely.

Oh yeah cool! You are lucky enough to live in Tod though- Rochdale is such a dump! x

Hi Sam,
A great set of nails, it takes courage to post your nails on here, I know I posted mine yesterday.

A couple of points, they look a lttle flat ( no apex) and seem a bit fan shaped, so you could bring the sides in a bit.
Well done mate.

Hi ya

They look really good!! excellent in fact. A couple of things i noticed though if you don't mind my saying.:o .. the line of light is a little out which means your c-curve or upper arch (which ever terminology you prefer) is not quite there.
Also could do with slimming the side walls slightly. the length looks really good,

An altogether great set of nails IMO

Thanx very much! it means so much for you all to tell me what you think. I always wondered how you achieve the perfect line of light- thank you for helping me. I dont mind you saying at all- keep em coming!!!!!!

They look nice this is all I can say as I am new to this as well but I am sure you will get some great feedback on them I did when I posted my daughters nails I did. The more I looked at my daughters nails and the more feedback I got I could see the points that were being bought up it was great to get the feedback off the girls.

Caz xxx

go girl....they look real nice....i had a go at sculpting and didnt have much luck so well done you. xxx

jac extreme said:
Hi Sam,
A great set of nails, it takes courage to post your nails on here, I know I posted mine yesterday.

A couple of points, they look a lttle flat ( no apex) and seem a bit fan shaped, so you could bring the sides in a bit.
Well done mate.

would agree with this totally; look again at your pic closely and see where the light is landing... should be in the middle. Tips could be tapered more, thinner and more work on the whole enhancement as a whole... but let me say this... the cockles of my heart are warmed by the sheer LEAP IN BETTER ENHANCMENTS posted... than EVER before... keep it up... they WILL be great :Love:

Thanks guys!

Yeah im seeing it now- i did think they looked flat but didnt know how to remedy it!

How do I build up the apex without it looking like a blob! i seem to have this prob- whenever i try to do it i either flatten it down again or looks ugly! x

sambam said:
Thanks guys!

Yeah im seeing it now- i did think they looked flat but didnt know how to remedy it!

How do I build up the apex without it looking like a blob! i seem to have this prob- whenever i try to do it i either flatten it down again or looks ugly! x

Think of a half moon on its side - thin to thick to thin again.... buff but keep looking down the barrel so you can SEE what the shape will be!! Great job!

sambam said:
Thanks guys!

Hi

Folow this link for a visual scrool down to the nail geeks answer and click on his pictures you can see where he has drawn a red line?? It may help you a bit.

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=2837&highlight=competition

Sorry i posted while you did!!!!

Wow this means so much. THANK YOU! :Love:

mrs geek- when you say more work on the enhancement as a whole, do u mean the shape?

i will collar more people, practise my butt off and post again to see what you all think. Thank you again xxxxxxxxxxx

aww i cant open the link! it says i havent permission. :cry:

i can't access it it says i dont have permission am I doing something wrong?

Hi

i think its because its in the premium section, i am not sure how to copy it to here maybe someone else could do it??

thanks! ive tried to become a premium geek but my paypal account is being weird and is saying i have exceeded my spending limit?????

thanks little angel

Latest posts

Back