Cosmetics suppliers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah1977

Reaction score
Hi all, I just started out as an make up artist/beauty therapits, Im looking for a company that sells professional cosmetics which I can buy on a low budget. I do not have much money to spend on make up and on clients, please help

kind regards sarah

Hiya, Im not a make-up artsits but i have a beauty wholesale cataloge called Beauty Express they also have an online shop ive noticed they sell a wide range of professional make-up.

Hope this helps you xx

hi

have you tryed sbc make up have a look colleges use it

SBC Make Up Kits - Offers

sorry but I would not dream of using SBC on paying clients! You'd be better off using Miss Sporty or something similar from superdrug if you're on a budget, when it comes to cheap slap, IMO SBC is dire.

When it comes to make up so many salons DO utilise brands that are also available to the general public, it's very rare that I come across salons that use make up which can only be purchased from beauty wholesalers. Best of luck, and try before you buy! Virgin Vie is quite good for those on a budget, and it retails very well

:hug: best of luck xx

sorry but I would not dream of using SBC on paying clients! You'd be better off using Miss Sporty or something similar from superdrug if you're on a budget, when it comes to cheap slap, IMO SBC is dire.

When it comes to make up so many salons DO utilise brands that are also available to the general public, it's very rare that I come across salons that use make up which can only be purchased from beauty wholesalers. Best of luck, and try before you buy! Virgin Vie is quite good for those on a budget, and it retails very well

:hug: best of luck xx

uhh sorry i have heard about it but never used it i just know when doing part time cosmetic make up at my college they offerd this as a kit!!!

uhh sorry i have heard about it but never used it i just know when doing part time cosmetic make up at my college they offerd this as a kit!!!

hey its cool, I had to use it for college, didnt have a choice! Thats why I know its shocking lol xx

hey its cool, I had to use it for college, didnt have a choice! Thats why I know its shocking lol xx

well at least we now to stay away and i wont br recommending that agian:)

Hi there

I am a Beauty Therapist and do makovers for weddings night outs etc.

I use Barbra Bort cosmetics, It is Mineral Makeup from Italy I use it myself and all my clients love it, I also retail the range in my salon and it sells really well especially after ive done a facial.

There is no start up costs and there is no minimum order and deliverys only take 1 to 2 days give here a call for some information and samples the lady is really nice and really goes through everything with you and recommends best selllers etc the products are great and very reasonable would recommend anytime.

Here is the website: :: SPARKLE COSMETICS ::

You could probably get away with using cheaper eyeshadows and lip glosses etc but don't skimp on your foundations as said before the ones in the catalogues are often dire.Its so hard to get everything else looking good if you cant blend in your foundation and nothing sits right on top.

Hey

I've got the SBC make up kit and i have to agree i'm not impressed. I also got the kit when i did my course a couple of weeks ago. I think the colours are garish and the packaging is really cheap and nasty! I was not happy lol. Can i ask why other people think it's rubbish.......it's always interesting to know!

We had the same kit for our college course and for the first time in years I broke out in huge spots all over my face:cry:. Its just nasty when my course finished I threw it all away.

Dont waste your money on it.

Hi there

I use Barbra Bort cosmetics, It is Mineral Makeup from Italy I use it myself and all my clients love it, I also retail the range in my salon and it sells really well especially after ive done a facial.

There is no start up costs and there is no minimum order and deliverys only take 1 to 2 days give here a call for some information and samples the lady is really nice and really goes through everything with you and recommends best selllers etc the products are great and very reasonable would recommend anytime.

Had a look at the site, it looks lovely. I too have been looking around for a range. It looks similar to something I bought in Tuscany last year but under another name so I think I might give it a go. Thanks.

:hug:

Hi there

Thanks for the information Im intresed in this how do I go about doing it because it has not order facility on the web site, and also are the products resonable price. thanks you

Hi, I'm using mineral make up on myself, this is the link Pure Mineral Makeup, their foundations start from £7 wholesale price, they do kits, I absolutly love it. I've spent lots of money on expensive foundations, tries and tested everything and just about when i was getting to the point of giving up as none offered a long lasting natural coverage, I found this advertised on Professioanl beauty magazine, bought several pots of sample for 99p each and it's the best. Althought I'm not retailing myself, my clients are often asking what i'm wearing and i can't recommend it enough.
HTH

Jules

Hi There:)

As time went on I found that I built quite a wide range of different brands of cosmetics. If I liked the unusual colour of things I picked them up at shows/department stores etc. However the first kit I purchased was from Ellisons and was called Precious Cosmetics. It came in a white case and contained 7 foundations, 7 concealors, 3 mascaras, 7 lip pencils, 7 eye pencils, approx 20 lipsticks and a wide selection of blushers and eyeshadows. The kit cost about £80 at the time and I have to be honest and say that all the clients I used it on were delighted! I have very sensitive skin and I found the products were fine on my skin.
Might be worth a look:hug:

Latest posts

Back