Cotton pads for Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahjade

Reaction score
Hi guys. I use normal cotton wool pads for my scrubfresh etc and get bits all over the nail does my head in. What does everyone else use x

There has been quite a lot of discussion on here recently about "lint free" pads. None of them are really lint free and I think I've tried nearly everything available. With Shellac and gel polish it is really important that no bits of fluff are left on the nail plate.

Quite a few people on here mentioned using good quality kitchen roll. Cut it up into strips and then across the middle to make 2" x 5" strips. Its the best thing I've tried - works absolutely perfectly.

I get my kids to cut it up evenly on a paper cutter and then put it in a dispenser on my desk, not one of my clients has commented as it doesn't look tacky. I still use ordinary lint free pads for normal polish removal as they hold more polish remover. Give it a try, you will be amazed.

Gauze wipes are also good, you can get them from S2.

I use medical gauze that we use for wound dressings at work as they are designed to leave nothing behind so I guess normal gauze would be the same

I like the Hands Down pads because they protect my Shellac but I find that, despite claims, they aren't completely lint free. I still find little pieces of lint and that drives me CRAZY!

I prefer gauze pads over all.

Hi guys. I use normal cotton wool pads for my scrubfresh etc and get bits all over the nail does my head in. What does everyone else use x

The ONLY thing I have personally found to be lint free (and believe me, I have tried them ALL) is Bounty paper towels. I cut them up into workable squares and voila, no lint! HTH! :)

The ONLY thing I have personally found to be lint free (and believe me, I have tried them ALL) is Bounty paper towels. I cut them up into workable squares and voila, no lint! HTH! :)

And thanks to SG I also use kitchen roll - Works a treat!

Yeah this is a pain for me aswell. It's hard to find something that is lint free and also will protect your own nails x

I was thinking about getting some nappy gauze and cutting into strips to try? I am sure this was quite cheap when my children were babies for a large pack (it is what was used as a liner to line nappies) will let peeps know the outcome if i manage to get some.

If someone could put a TRULY lint free lining OVER the Hands Down pads, that would be AWESOME! :)

If someone could put a TRULY lint free lining OVER the Hands Down pads, that would be AWESOME! :)

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who fought with this. I see nail pros using them all the time in videos and think, "Where's their freakin' lint?"

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who fought with this. I see nail pros using them all the time in videos and think, "Where's their freakin' lint?"

Maybe we should work on that...we could be RICH! :D

Rich AND Fabulous? Whatever would we do with ourselves?

We're going to visit our geeky friends in Europe...that's what we're going to do! :D

I have the hands down plastic back, but also get driven to distraction with the lint which gets onto everthing and on your brush if you don't notice.
I have a dry wipe product in the house and have used those cut up........no lint. They are Robinsons dry wipes and are found on incontinence sites at about £3 per 100. They are about 12 inches square so you can cut into a number of pieces. Not sure if that that will help anyone.......

IBD lint free wipes are also good......... they are like little sponges.......x

IBD sponges are great, soak with IPA or whatever you're using, stick in a dappen dish and they stay moist all day. :)

IBD lint free wipes are also good......... they are like little sponges.......x

So do you use these for everything? I.e. using with acetone to remove polish, using for scrubfresh and d-sperse? Bit of a pricey way of doing it but would be worth it to have completely lint free. I used some cut up bounty kitchen roll as suggested on here the other day and still had bits of lint and tiny hairs sticking to my shellac when applying!! :mad:

So do you use these for everything? I.e. using with acetone to remove polish, using for scrubfresh and d-sperse? Bit of a pricey way of doing it but would be worth it to have completely lint free. I used some cut up bounty kitchen roll as suggested on here the other day and still had bits of lint and tiny hairs sticking to my shellac when applying!! :mad:

I use these for everything prior to application when fluff can be an issue.....give them a go and see what you think def worth a try...........:hug:

Latest posts

Back