Cotton pads for Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use gauze wipes and always will until anything better comes along, I do not get any significant amount of lint off them .
Sponges hold too much product and wet the nail too much as well which promotes lifting.
A DAMP pad is the key to scrubbed, clean and dry nail plate surface.

I just got the hands down nail wipes and they are ok for lint if a litttle thin. A bit like thick kitchen roll but pretty!

IBD sponges are great, soak with IPA or whatever you're using, stick in a dappen dish and they stay moist all day. :)

Do you mean you use these on different people throughout the day?

How do u protect your own nails when using scrubfresh and dsolve gigi? X

I hold the pad so that my nails don't come into contact with it. I pinch it between my index and middle finger as I was taught a million years ago now!! Lol

I'll have to give that a try! I usually use my thumb and forefinger and after a few applications it starts to come off because it's in too much contact with the products! Thanks :)

I use the hands down pads for my scrub fresh, if any of the little bits on nail I and then use a dry nail brush, which is cleaned and disinfected afta and before each client. X

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Do you mean you use these on different people throughout the day?

Good god no!! I use fresh gauze wipes myself but when doing gel and wanting to clean brushes and touch up smile lines found the IBD sponges great as there's definitely no lint transfer when used with IPA/D Sperse or Cleanse. I've found they disintegrate with acetone or Scrubfresh.

To remove polish, I will use a gauze wipe. To clean the nail bed prior to a polish application, I first clean the surface with a gauze wipe. Then to ensure there is no residual lint, I go over each nail lightly with a dampened (with scrubfresh) nail brush that I use to perfect my french smile lines.

I hate lint to mar a super smooth polish finish.

Well I have ordered some IBD nail wipes, so will give them a go. I'll also look out for some gauze wipes for using with acetone. I got some nail wipes that are like thick tissue, they come on a roll, got them from Ellisons as that's what we used in the Shellac training and I thought they were fab but now using them, the tissue just disintegrates when you use them with the soapy water to remove cuticle away or scrubfresh so really no good.

Latest posts

Back