Couch to 5K!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for that very clear explanation,, will stick to my rocking chair, that's enough exercise for an old twerp.

I don't have anything that I can download an app to and run with. I have an iPad. I think I'd look a bit silly running with my iPad. And I've read the programme. There's no way I could follow it unless I stopped and looked at my watch every 20 seconds.

Me and W1nnie will just have to continue with our knitting on the couch.

If you run on a treadmill it's easier to track times but outside you'll have to check your watch yep.

W2D1 completed today. Probably could've started at week 3 as it wasn't that much of a challenge but I wanted to ease my dodgy ankle into it!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm in, started running for the first time in ages Saturday. Just downloaded the app and will be giving it a go :) x

I'm doing pretty muddy too, in June as well, whereabouts are you doing it? X

Oh my god really! I'm in Bazvegas baby (Essex for the unfamiliar lol)
Did you do it last year, it was soo much fun

Oh my god really! I'm in Bazvegas baby (Essex for the unfamiliar lol)
Did you do it last year, it was soo much fun

I'm in Bedfordshire, I've done the 5k before but this is my first Pretty Muddy. There's a big group of us doing it then going out on the p**s lol x

I'll download the app sounds easier I did week 1 day 1 yesterday :)
I put a timer on my phone and it beeps when the time is up and I have my music on there as well but the app sounds great.

I just found the app on my blackberry and downloaded it. I suppose I could use that if I stick my headphones in. Do you do it on alternate days? I could start tomorrow.

I'm in Bedfordshire, I've done the 5k before but this is my first Pretty Muddy. There's a big group of us doing it then going out on the p**s lol x

Sounds like a plan you'll have a blast! This was us last year!!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394461903.681282.jpg

The app is so much easier if your not on a dreadmill lol some are better than others.
It's usually 3 times a week that you have to run, I'm prob gonna start tomorrow, just cleaned my entire flat for a landlord inspection and I'm pooped

I'm in work all afternoon tomorrow sounds good:)

Right I'm up and off to the gym for week one day one whoop whoop who's with me?

I'm r unning mon weds & fri. So typing this from the bike at the gym instead!! Hahaha

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can't believe it ive done ny hip it new trainers needed I think proper running ones not gimiky tone ups I will be with you as soon as possible

Just done our first 30min non stop run...over the moon! 32 and a half mins to be precise haha :) only took a 10 sec breather throughout the whole thing, never in a million years thought I'd be able to manage that

Just done our first 30min non stop run...over the moon! 32 and a half mins to be precise haha :) only took a 10 sec breather throughout the whole thing, never in a million years thought I'd be able to manage that
It's such a good feeling isn't it. I went from dying doing 1 minute (bit like I am again now! haha) to being able to run 30 minutes or more. When I did C25K the first time round I remember being in the gym and running my first ever 20 minute run with no stops and I fist pumped when I finished I was so excited! hahaha got a few funny looks.

I finished week 2 today. I'm glad I didn't get cocky and skip to week 3 because I struggled with day 2 and today wasn't much better. But it's been good getting back into it this week. Bring on week 3! :biggrin:

Hmm I've heard a lot about this app, I'm so unfit now I couldn't run a tap.

Might download it and have a go :D

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hmm I've heard a lot about this app, I'm so unfit now I couldn't run a tap.

Might download it and have a go :D

Give it a go, I thought it was impossible but I did it and I felt great!

Ok, I've downloaded it, all I have to do it get off the.couch in the evening :eek:

I'd love to join in but i think i have a head start. I already run 2.5k at the gym after getting over an ankle injury. I did 5k 4 times a week before that. But goooo all who r taking part. If i can do it with a 20 a day habit (i've cut down now) i think anyone can x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

I did my first run on Monday and need to go out tonight for my second! I am so unfit I thought I would die on a monday

Latest posts

Back